• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Miles

[engine_work] 309 Goodwood V6

Miles

As I'm currently installing the old 3.0L V6 into a very mint 309 Goodwood, and I mean mint the worst rust is under the bonnet and thats just light in a couple of places, I'd thought I;d add a few pic's as I go

One for the 1FM people is the old FM Mod for the CD Changer which is all still present too

post-43-1261606919_thumb.jpg

post-43-1261606983_thumb.jpg

post-43-1261607017_thumb.jpg

Miles

Engine in for a trail fit,

Bit tight around the Cam belt cover and headlight panel so thats being cut out as it's running P/S as well so the drive wheel runs thru the panel

Loads of room with the exhaust

post-43-1261607339_thumb.jpg

post-43-1261607349_thumb.jpg

post-43-1261607359_thumb.jpg

Miles

Just need to make a lower engine mount

Don;t worry the subframe, Engine parts will all be spotless/powder coated afterwards

post-43-1261607478_thumb.jpg

post-43-1261607486_thumb.jpg

post-43-1261607494_thumb.jpg

jord294

i'm gonna watch this with interest miles

keep us updated, so if i decide to do the same i'll just follow everything you've done <_<

is it a 3 dr or 5 dr ?

Edited by jord294

EdCherry

Had a quick look around this car, as Miles says it is a blast from the past!

Miles

It's a pain so far as it's the later engine, So I've modded the to engine mount to fit, Inlet Manifold to fit around the engine mount, A adaptor to convert from the Fly by wire throttle to cable with a ICV take off,

Thankfully it will be running a Emerald ECU

It's a 5 door

Edited by Miles

welshpug

How does the VVT work on these engines?

doesn't look too bad for space in there, fair bit more around the front belt cover and alternator than in a 205.

bottom mount looks interesting, Goliath is after something like that as his is shot <_<

Galifrey

Looking good Miles, should be a nice sleeper.

<_<

2-Pugs

Very nice Miles! But the 1FMs didn't have that changer controller, the changer is controlled direct from the head unit on the 1FM. I believe the changer is the same though...CDC9250?

M_R_205
A adapter to convert from the Fly by wire throttle to cable with a ICV take off, Thankfully it will be running a Emerald ECU

You could have used the throttle body off the earlier engine, i think (not 100%) its a direct fit, and is obviously cable operated

Welshpug: it runs off the oil pressure, so no electronics

Il also be keeping an eye on this thread as i didnt get mine finnished

Edited by M_R_205

Miles

TB's are different and hense the adaptor, Fuel rail needs swaping too as the Pressure reg is built into the pump as there is no return on them

marksorrento205

Looking good Miles. There looks to be a tad more room than in a 205. What do you reckon it will push out once mapped?

Miles

A long awaited update as I've now got all the parts to finish the old Girl

Change of engine to the early ES9 unit really to speed things up all allot more custom parts would be needed

post-43-1276201827_thumb.jpg

post-43-1276201886_thumb.jpg

post-43-1276201909_thumb.jpg

Miles

Subframe was easy to do I was quite surprized, It's all fitted up now so some more pic's will follow

Front hub's needed a slight mod to get the shafts to fit, Hard Rubber lower engine mount fitted, along with the top too as well, Mi16 ICV and all being well the high pressure power steering pipe will be made up tomorrow, But by christ the power steering is close to the exhaust manifold's

All wired up for the ECU next week and we'll see how she run's, althou without an exhaust it won;t be run for long

post-43-1276202013_thumb.jpg

post-43-1276202037_thumb.jpg

Edited by Miles

dcc

I want to see 2 turbos on this. :)

good job though miles :P

Miles

LOL, It has been talked about, Not allot of room for a huge IC thou

welshpug

it'll be fiiine without an exhaust, honest :)

I thought that was the V6 ICV for a second, looks so similar, I think the pipes come off at a different angle,

unariciflocos

I can see I'm not the only one who put spacers between the subframe and chassis.

miamichris
Subframe was easy to do I was quite surprized, It's all fitted up now so some more pic's will follow

Front hub's needed a slight mod to get the shafts to fit, Hard Rubber lower engine mount fitted, along with the top too as well, Mi16 ICV and all being well the high pressure power steering pipe will be made up tomorrow, But by christ the power steering is close to the exhaust manifold's

All wired up for the ECU next week and we'll see how she run's, althou without an exhaust it won;t be run for long

So what do you do about the PAS pipe being close to the exhaust manifold Miles? Heat wrap it or make a braided one up or something?

Impressive stuff and interesting to read/see! :lol:

Miles

I cannot see no other way of getting Driveshaft clearance than dropping the frame slightly, As the car's at std height it's no worse than lowering it slight which the amount the engine hang's down you would never want to do.

Yes a couple of points are getting heat protection

marksorrento205
I cannot see no other way of getting Driveshaft clearance than dropping the frame slightly, As the car's at std height it's no worse than lowering it slight which the amount the engine hang's down you would never want to do.

Yes a couple of points are getting heat protection

I fitted 1/4" spacers to the subframe too. As you say its needed for the clearance of the shafts. I also ran the v6 with only the rear exh manifold fitted, no front one though or downpipe, just to see if it fired up. Christ its loud and it the garage up well at night ;) Nice to see it coming along :lol:

Miles

A couple more pic's, You can see how close the low pressure P/S pipe is, This will get bent to give some more clearance and some heatwrap,

Lower engine mount all welded up and almost how it will look when complete

post-43-1276341539_thumb.jpg

post-43-1276341550_thumb.jpg

post-43-1276341562_thumb.jpg

Miles

Another underside view

And to finish off, How to get the trim back to a nice Grey colour, This is with Wurth plastic Dye.

post-43-1276341670_thumb.jpg

post-43-1276341677_thumb.jpg

CosKev

Coming on ;)

How much lower is the engine than a XU???????

Bumper dye looks spot on <_<

dcc

the engine sits ALOT lower than your normal XU lump. put it this way, with 50mm lowering springs on Georges v6, there was about 5mm clearance between sump and floor! lol