• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mickie

[trackday_prep] 1.6 To 1.9 8v Full Car Rebuild/resto Track Car

Joe-Tait

Found it :lol:

Like the grip tape ideal Mickie for the footwells, i did the same on my new pedal box too

Are you worried about the harnesses for the MOT? I never heard back what ones did you get?

mickie

yeah i am, got some 4 point 3" OMP ones with that quick release

IMG_3487.jpg

opticaltrigger

Very,very nice car mickie.

mickie

cheers trigger

The brakes are skyline 4 pots yes?

Alloy calipers?

How much do they weigh?

not sure you're interested anymore but the calipers each with pads and brackets come to 4kg

im not happy with the caliper bracket that got made up so its going through a little re design..

it'll go 10mm thick now and not 5mm as it was.. measures 7.2mm around the bolts, what do you guys make of this ? should it be ok ?

IMG_3613.jpg

joe, i already bought the harnesses, then read on the back they were race use only and couldnt be used on the road, thats why i was worring lol as i had already bought them.. so im not sure what im going to do now, i dont have my original seat belts anymore.

Edited by mickie

Sergio205

cheers trigger

not sure you're interested anymore but the calipers each with pads and brackets come to 4kg

im not happy with the caliper bracket that got made up so its going through a little re design..

it'll go 10mm thick now and not 5mm as it was.. measures 7.2mm around the bolts, what do you guys make of this ? should it be ok ?

IMG_3613.jpg

Looks twice thicker!:)))

Do you personally feel any problems having your calipers attached with 5 mm thick plates? I read the thread in "brakes and suspension" section and I saw the point of your worries but wonder if you feel/have any problems on practice with 5 mm plates?

mickie

im playing it safe as im unwilling to let the plates crack while im driving along but ive had no experiance with 5mm plates or any sort of set up like this..

i mainly drive slow vans, im probably a terrible driver ^_^

mickie

small update

made this and a local place are making up the 2 brackets for 20 quid :)

IMG_3617.jpg

got my dash back from http://www.getflocked.co.uk/

IMG_3620.jpg

IMG_3621.jpg

next job, sort electrics ;)

Paulmac19

Love it mate attention to detail is fantastic

Edited by Paulmac19

mickie

few long nights working this lot out.. im getting there, one switch at a time.

washwiperandhorn1-2.jpg

dimdipmainbeamlights.jpg

IMG_3628.jpg

IMG_3629.jpg

IMG_3627.jpg

they bolt up perfectly, cost 23 quid, hopefully strong enough to keep the brakes from falling off

lukesaddy

The car looks very nice mate,

Them brakes look immense :)

mickie

cheers

when it came to fuses if it was something easy like side lights ive used 5amp, hazards use 6amp so used 10amp fuse and anything else i wasnt sure of, i just tested what amp's that circuit was using with the multimeter set on DC amp's

this is the switch for heated screen running 2 relays either side, 1 20a fuse

IMG_3732.jpg

IMG_3750.jpg

new hazard switch, didnt like the oe one

IMG_3745.jpg

IMG_3748.jpg

and the dash getting back to normal

IMG_3755.jpg

electrics are finished, there is just a few other things to finish off and clean up..

pretty happy with my new electrics and how little there is compaired to oe yet at the same time, everything working for an MOT

IMG_3759.jpg

IMG_3760.jpg

IMG_3761.jpg

IMG_3757.jpg

IMG_3762.jpg

mickie

IMG_6352.jpg

IMG_6354.jpg

IMG_6355.jpg

IMG_6356.jpg

IMG_6358.jpg

IMG_6359.jpg

IMG_6360.jpg

pretty much finished, should have its MOT soon :D

edbar

Looks really good, will be nice to get out and use it! Dash looks really good, how much was the flocking?

mickie

thanks dude, cost 90 for the flocking

mickie

tried getting an MOT there but it was a bit of a joke really lol, the engine just doesnt run right , wont idle under 2k..

hard to start, the timing was way out tho, running a little better but still crap..

my brake pedal feels a little too low, anyone know how much its allowed to move down before a fail ?

something is rubbing quite badly on a wheel somewhere, i have a leak in the radiator too..

but stuff like this you only notice when you get to drive the thing so wasting tyre spots time has helped lol the lad commented on how s*it the paintwork is :lol:

driving it to an MOT station seems the only way to get a ride in it without having TAX / MOT

mickie

IMG_6381.jpg

it should have a bit more power to come out of this but he kept it at 5500rpm as its been re-built..

and for some reason the clutch slips quite badly, i checked that its not over adjusted so all i can think the problem is there, it must be a poor clutch or some oil has some how got onto the clutch..

im pretty happy with the result so far though :lol:

parry
small update

made this and a local place are making up the 2 brackets for 20 quid :o

IMG_3617.jpg

got my dash back from http://www.getflocked.co.uk/

IMG_3620.jpg

IMG_3621.jpg

next job, sort electrics :D

Hey mate,

How did you fit the poly windows, I am about to undertake the same task. Also I cant see your handle?

Regards,

Parry

mickie

can you see the handle now ?

IMG_6352.jpg

ive fitted 2 bolts in each corner of the window behind the door lower seal.. thats all it needs, imo.

parry
can you see the handle now ?

IMG_6352.jpg

ive fitted 2 bolts in each corner of the window behind the door lower seal.. thats all it needs, imo.

Wow Magic, I can see the door handle... Once i finsh re-wiring the car, FG bonnet, hatch and poly windows are next on the list....But then again it might be a year before I finish the wiring, its a big task.

mickie

it shouldnt take you a yr :P feel free to use my wiring diagrams..

i must be doing something right as it passed its MOT

anyway took the car out and the back end seemed to be knocking quite a bit, a bit like the sound of the spair wheel cage being there but without the wheel, that type of sound..

jacked the car up before and guess what ive found..

IMG_3837.jpg

IMG_3838.jpg

IMG_3839.jpg

IMG_3840.jpg

IMG_3842.jpg

thanks compbrake :D

plan is to drill them out a bit more and actually screw in a threaded bar

im a bit shocked, happy i never crashed and burned

Cazzo

Very Tidy wee bus.... Lovin the detail :P

What's the depth on the steering wheel, is it an OMP? and that's a close 1 with the rear beam bolts, it could have ended up in a ball of scrap if you had of been pushing on a bit :D

And the bars I got were off Anthony of the site, think I got the last 2, but PM him anyway

EdCherry

I personally wouldn't use threaded bar off the shelf, most of it will be 4.8 grade which is as soft as cheese. Could always drill the entire thing out and whack a nice 12.9 down the centre.

SurGie

Very good project you got there.

I'll be using the rectangle type of mounts from baker BM, they look more of a stable fitment.

mickie

im not even sure what the steering wheel is, i got it off a friend so im not sure of make, but its 85mm deep.

ive fixed the mounts now, i couldnt get 12.9 bolts long enough so went down to 8.8 and threaded it down the mount 3/4 of the way in, a lot better than 1/4 of the way in without thread :lol:

the baker bm mounts look much better dont they, better made

htice
cheers len, its just some jig i made up out of bread trays

the brakes are R33 GTS-25T, yeah alloy, ive never weighed them but cant see them weighing more than gti6 brakes

Intresting brake mod - I guess you have extreme stopping power with these Skyline calipers.

What brake disc are you using with the calipers?

Cheers

Hlynur