• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
allye

[car_upgrade] Project Pug, 205 Rallye (my First Project!)

allye

Washed my camera last week so photo updates won't be happening for a while!

Put my Spax shocks on with 30mm drop (apparantly) which was more like 50mm so the front wheels scrubbed under any sort of light cornering! So have put the 13inch beauties back on, have some other springs coming soon to try and solve it.

Also the rear wheels scrubbed with two people in the back so I have some 5mm spacers to see if this will help bring it away from the innder arch. Some GTI torsion bars and anti roll bar will also help.

GTI brakes will be going on soon.

Ali

Guest sweetser

Love this car mate :), wish i could find a nice rallye forsale near me!!

ryan_stdt

looking good mate, i think my next 205 will be a rallye. the rare car factor does it for me

allye

I appreciate its only a glorifies 205 xr but I am slowly trying to changed it into thr car it always should have been! (euro rallye!) The rare thing really does it for me too!.

Buying another camera tomorrow so will be able to add some pictures I hope!

Also I will be getting those arche soon, do the front brakes first, I really can't believe that peugeot would sell a rallye with those shocking solid rotor brakes!

Ali

allye

Put the shocks on a while ago and you may have read they dropped it about 50mm instead of the expected 30mm, so resulted in the front tyres rubbing so i rebuilt the shocks with higher springs and have cured that now, sorry about the poor pictures and the dirty car! Didn't get any pics of actually putting them on!

IMGP0042.jpg

Before the shocks had settled, handles roughly a gazillion times better than the soft, lofty standard shocks!

IMGP0043.jpg

Next few weeks new brakes and arches should be going on. Cheers for now, Ali

(need to get it done by the 24th as I'm moving to north wales then!)

custard-rallye

any progress??

will.m

also interested in progress :unsure:

allye

Lots of prgress! Sorry for the slow update (I hate it when people have these threads and don't update them!) The day before I left for Wales I put the 1.9gti front brakes on and braided hoses all round, also it had a service, I had a 1.9gti master cyclinder to go on but after 2 hours of trying to bleed the brakes found the MS to be faulty so its got the standard one on, nice spongy pedal but it is still so much better than standard. I have all the graphics on now as well as the arches and it looks great, have some good photos to go on very soon, thats all for now however....

late this year early next year it will be recieving a GTI-6 heart. I almost sold few months ago but every time I drive it and look at it I just can't! So have decided to completely strip end of this year, get the body and engine bay sprayed original colour, put in a GTI-6 engine. Going to leave the engine completely standard, I plan to do the head, clutch and timing belt, then pay some one to do the electrics. It will also recieve a a 1.9gti subframe re-built 1.6/1.9 beam, GTI-6 brake if they will fit under the steeles, but I doubt they will. Interior won't change, not sure if I will have to do anything about chassis/cage/stiffening though??

Thats the plan, keep an eye on this thread later on this year.

Cheers, Ali

custard-rallye

good to see your not getting rid of it will be nice with the gti-6 will keep an eye on this thread

allye

Driving back from north Wales to Wiltshire 3 months ago got diverted of the motorway, stopped for a leak down a little side road, hit a curb like thing quite slow and this was the result,

IMGP5146.jpg

IMGP5143.jpg

IMGP5144.jpg

I realised straight away something was seriously wrong as it was juddering a huge amount through the gear stick under any sort of acceleration, 3hrs from home and 11pm at night I decided to plod on slowly. Got all the way home with an engine hanging out of the car! Had a couple of hours to fix it before my ferry to Isle of Wight the next day, managed that with some new threaded bar and it fine 3 months on! However when we got it on the ramp it was hanging on by a couple of threads on 1 bolt, thats no lie.

Here it is pre arches with all the graphics on,

IMGP5147-1.jpg

How I put the arches on,

IMGP5156.jpg

IMGP5158.jpg

IMGP5159.jpg

IMGP5154.jpg

And how she is looking now, with a hugly knocking drive shaft!

carsmall-.png

custard-rallye

Looking good mate keep up the good work

Lan

where did you get thoses arches and did you have to modify the original rear wheel arch?

allye
where did you get thoses arches and did you have to modify the original rear wheel arch?

No, no modifying at all. Got them of ebay for £90, a friend sprayed them for £50 and did a bloody good job!

By the way silkaflex is amazing!

Ali

Lan

right definitely adding euro rallye arches to the shopping list then

allye

Only £90 and they transform the look of the car, had them sprayed by mate for £50 the colour match is poretty much spot on, would recomend it to any base model 205, not GTI though. In my opinion any way!

Ali

allye

Also to add just went through the MOT, rear brakes were pretty shagged due to them binding, but I sort of knew that any way, new cyclinders and shoes! Part from that no worries at all which I 'm quite pleased with.

Ali

allye

I'm happy with it!

car.jpg

Wallby

Looks brilliant mate! Looks very similar to mine, and I love that too! You going to Pugfest???

allye

I'm at goodwood which is a bumer, but would rather be there.

Change of plan for the engine, going to go for a vtr on carbs, fast road cam, 4-2-1, port polish etc. More in keeping with rallye idea i think!

Ali

custard-rallye

i have twin 40's for sale if you want im after what i paid pm me

allye

I think I'm after bike carbs, webers are too much of a faf!

cheers though

swordfish210

She's looking very nice. I think the rear beam could do with dropping a tad though

allye
She's looking very nice. I think the rear beam could do with dropping a tad though

Indeed, hopefully putting on 1.6gti beam on later this year so will lower that one!