• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Daxed

Didn't Know Just How Much She Hated My Mi

MerlinGTI

Dude im so gutted for you :)

Wommen are horrible creatures.

The Arch Bishop

Dear god, the tension is killing me....

Jrod

Very glad I didn't win this car now, I even bid at the time!

hexhamstu
Very glad I didn't win this car now, I even bid at the time!

I was tempted aswell, who wasn't? but no keys and no V5 is always going to be way more head ache than it's worth.

Jrod

I was going to break it so didn't care, just didnt have the money at the time.

I know it looked dodgy but I didn't think someone would be stupid enough to list a stolen car on ebay!

Daxed

I missed quite a few posts on this thread, as it was removed by the mods (thank you for that guys, I fully appreciate it was in my best interests) before I had read them all. The one that did stick in my mind however was from Anthony, simple and to the point, 'Go to the Police'.

They made all the right noises, agreed that something was amiss and that they would look into it. I received a case number and returned home a hopeful boy.

Weeks passed.

I rang them, quoting my case number, and after going through it all again with a different officer was told that I needed to contact E-bay directly.

OK, I'm getting bored typing this and don't want to do the same to you. The long & short is that E-bay bounced me back to the Police as they wont discuss possible fraudulant activities directly with the public & wanted the Police to contact them directly. This carried on until I gave up.

My home Insurance didn't cover it as the garage was more than 100 metres from the house?

Anyway, the oft quoted phrase 'every cloud has a silver lining' seems to be true as my interior light on my daily 1.6 is still working.

Thank you all so much for the solidarity expressed, but if you REALLY REALLY want to help me, then please go to the wanted section of the forum and look for my last post.

Daxed
You paid for two on the Ecosse trip so I'm guessing you're with someone else now?!

That really sucks mate, I've not heard anything so unfair in a long time. How did it turn out?

Leo

Hiya Leo,

Turned out I lost the lot.

But did gain a new G/F.

How are we looking regarding numbers for the Ecosse jaunt?

We'll keep Ade in the reserve. Tell the guy ade's wearing his basque, stockings and high heels and i'm sure he'll agree to anything

Damn, that does sound scary

large

;) . I can't get over this if I was you I would not give up have a word with a solicitor the first hour is normaly free. Did you officialy report the car as stolen.

I don't think you will get the car back now but you may get some compo.

Bigtimmy

This has made really interesting reading and Daxed, I'm sorry that it's turned out this way, but your light still works so big smiles there!

I have always wondered about what would happen if a "situation" developed on Ebay, I'm sure we've all waited too long for stuff from there, but to have them basically dismiss your case as "not able to help" seems very very unfair and I'll be very careful when dealing with them again.

As for the ex.....well nuff said.

Anyway I'm glad your interior light is still shining brightly, and I will be interested to see if this develops any further.

Reason for edit - it appears that the Y key on my computer has had some personal issues and was briefly unavailable for most of that post!

Edited by Bigtimmy

holemi

Its easy to say sat here on the computer , but im thinking of how i would have handled it ...Maybe get in touch with the ebayer who had your car and sorted out a viewing , taken the log book and when i got there show him the log book , ask him how he got it and phoned the police there and then , because basically its yours and somebody stole it ...Since when have the police not been interested in a stolen car ?? I wouldnt have left without my possesions ...Like i say , easy to say safely sat in front of the computer ...

24seven

I really couldn't let this go if it were me, I'd do the above, go see the car and take the keys/logbook and drive it home. It's yours, and it's been stolen. There's something SERIOUSLY wrong if you can't get it back!

hexhamstu

He couldn't go and see it, it had already sold by the time he knew it had been on ebay.

24seven

ahh. Still I'd contact the seller, "advise" them they're selling stolen goods, and would continue to pursue it with the police, regardless of whatever BS they give about contacting eBay.

hexhamstu

I'd be all over the council, maybe write a little story of woe for the local paper?

Batfink
I'd be all over the council, maybe write a little story of woe for the local paper?

mentioning names as well. Would be a great way of getting back at the B****

Daxed

Now thats not a bad idea.

Cheers

notamondayfan

If I were you, I'd send the council a "draft" version of the letter you plan to send to the newspaper, to the council first. It may make them prioritise your case, and it also gives them chance to comment on it before you start sending it to the papers. It would look loads better if you have their side of the story too.

Good luck with it all though, I would be going f**king mental if this happened to me!!

Do you find people are reluctant to help because it was "only a 205"? I wonder if you would still get bounced about if it was a Ferrari that was taken?! I know it shouldn't make any difference, but was just thinking.

Dean.

maxi

I still cant believe this happened..... I remember seeing the car come up on ebay and wondered what the hell was going on.

Unfortunately I have to say I dont think the car will ever be recovered, I spotted it again on ebay after the initial auction of the car being broken up north somewhere, AlisterH sent me the link. Shame as it was a nice car with some VERY good bits.

Hope you find another mate!

Maxi

holemi

The only thing that seems to be unclear is , because the lock up was rented by your ex girlfriend , she may have been sent all the relevent warnings about the car and possesions in the garage being seized or moved , and she didnt tell you out of spite ... It still doesnt explain how your car ended up on ebay though....Although the guy selling it may have bought the car in all innocence for spares ( although i wouldnt buy a car without the v5 ) ..

hexhamstu
The only thing that seems to be unclear is , because the lock up was rented by your ex girlfriend , she may have been sent all the relevent warnings about the car and possesions in the garage being seized or moved , and she didnt tell you out of spite ... It still doesnt explain how your car ended up on ebay though....Although the guy selling it may have bought the car in all innocence for spares ( although i wouldnt buy a car without the v5 ) ..

If memory serves in the ebay advert you could see a van in the background for a company, that was a scrap yard or something like that? Can't quite remember.

Peetypug

if you want me to i can go see if he has any of your car left :lol:

just need to find something tha he is selling

he is breaking a gti6 at the mo, i could go and listen to the engine for "tapping" :lol:

is this your car?

black 205 with r888s

Edited by sorrentopete

Daxed

That link doesnt work for me sorrentopete.

Peetypug

Ebay number 180454082247

Paul_13

Man that's bitter, shotgun/saw/concrete/buckets/bags bring to mind for the ex.

Women are the root of all evil!

taylorspug
if you want me to i can go see if he has any of your car left :lol:

just need to find something tha he is selling

he is breaking a gti6 at the mo, i could go and listen to the engine for "tapping" :lol:

is this your car?

black 205 with r888s

Thats the car, number plates have disappeared, funny that.....

That bloke knows exactly what hes bought, so maybe an he needs the consequences of handling stolen property explaining to him?