• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Daxed

Didn't Know Just How Much She Hated My Mi

Daxed

It's been quite a day today and it's only lunchtime.........

It was obvious from the start that when I decided to leave the world of modern, comfortable, capable vehicles and drive daily in a rattly, lightweight go-cart with dodgy electrics that my partner didn't share my passion. I think 205's probably do feel somewhat different from the passenger seat.

She rented a lock up garage from the Local Authority and as I think is the same for most of us a new garage = go buy another 205.

This I duly did and with an upcoming track weekend looming at RAF Marham and my brother already taking the cobra thought I would try some ready built MI16 power instead of my usual 1.6 8v. So, I found a reasonable one, had the front struts, wishbones, rod ends, drop links etc replaced, bedded in new 1155 and disks and generally got it sorted for a blast around. Had a great time on track and popped the car into the lockup after.

Our relationship deteriorated somewhat in the months that followed, not purely 205 related, apparantly size is important (which is why I went to 1900cc in the first place).

She cancelled her direct debit on the lock up, without informing either me or the Local Authority, so just stopped paying.

Anyway, to cut a long and tedious story short, I found out today that my car, along with the entire garage contents, trolley jack, axle stands, tools, spares, spare wheels with brand new 888's on them, spare wheels with brand new (100 miles) F1's were all removed, the car crushed and the remainder disposed of.

Still, not all bad news, I did get the interior light sorted on my 1.6 this morning. The bulb had blown.

OK, thats enough of this, I need to go search about how to get a shotgun licence.

Masekwm

Crap! Is she still your partner?

richsmells
:lol:

jimistdt

Never in my life. :lol:

The local police station should be able to help you with the application of a Firearm licence.

Daxed
Crap! Is she still your partner?

No Masekwm, she isn't. We split a while before this.

Baz

Holy cow!!!!!!!!

I'd be fuming! :lol:

taylorspug

IS this the MI that you bought from Maxi and i did some work on mate? It didnt get crushed, it popped up on ebay recently, super cheap and with no keys or logbook... You REALLY need to get onto the council and track it down.

kala

Ah you must be gutted.

Does she realise how much you have just lost in one go?

If you are still together i hope you get revenge! Cant you give the dog her favourite shoes or something!

Daxed
IS this the MI that you bought from Maxi and i did some work on mate? It didnt get crushed, it popped up on ebay recently, super cheap and with no keys or logbook... You REALLY need to get onto the council and track it down.

Yes Dan, thats the car. The company that removed it from the lock up on behalf of the LA told me this morning on the phone that it had been crushed. Cheers for the info mate.

DrSarty

I'm physically in pain after that Dax.

I think some research is required with the council, calmly, perhaps taking them to task on the processes they followed (or not) in order to perhaps do what they did. I think it will pay off, especially if Dan's story holds up.

What I mean is, the council must have a due process to not only contact the garage renter, but the rightful owner of the items/car within. IF you are/were the registered keeper, then did they attempt or ever contact you about it?

Seriously dude, you should look into it.

Well done on the bulb change too.

taylorspug

HERE IT IS.

My guess is they have no legal right to sell it, and once you show them this link they will s*it a brick.

And as if to incriminate themselves further, the first picture even has their own phone number in it on the side of the van! :lol:

Get it back, end of the day someone is driving around in YOUR car. In fact id just go straight to the police.

Edited by taylorspug

chris-stdt

I remember seeing that now and it does look very dodgey

The police would be my next port of call as someone wants a good kick up the arse for that one

And the council took your car and all your tools without contacting you ??

Daxed
Well done on the bulb change too.

Thanks DrS, I'm pretty chuffed also, can't wait until it gets dark.

Their process as described to me over the phone, is that the removal company were required to contact the registered keeper through the DVLA within 28 days. I received no correspondence whatsoever, thus did not know what was going on. I spoke to the removal company today about this and they said they had no agreement as to this with my LA. Ringing the LA back to tell them this they just said 'ho-hum' and told me to take the matter up with the renter of the garage.

Daxed
And the council took your car and all your tools without contacting you ??

Yes they did Chris, as I was not the person renting the garage they tell me they had no obligation to contact me through the vehicle being registered to myself.

Daxed

Thanks Dan, both for the link and the advice.

Looks a good bargain, I'd have bought that.

GLPoomobile

Well, I am utterly lost for words! :lol:

Actually I'm not, as I'm still typing :P What a bit of drama for a friday afternoon! First you tell us everything has gone and the car is crushed, then we find out it's that nicked one on eBay from a few weeks ago ;) Phew!

As Sarty said, the LA have seriously f***ed up here! Assuming it was registered in your name, you would have been easy enough to trace. And surely in a non payment situation, the usual process is to issue demands before sending debt collectors to the registered address, whereas it seems they have taken the easier option of reclaimig the garage along with property that (I'd assume) is worth far and beyond the value of what they were owed :lol: And the company who took the car really need to be reported to the police. I'd also report the sale to eBay as well.

One thing I will say though, why did you assume she was paying for the lock up if you'd split up? Did you just forget about it, or had she stopped paying long before the split?

Edited by GLPoomobile

Baz

Yeah i know the one, went pretty cheap too if it actually sold...

Edit; oops, should've read the rest of the thread first!!

Edited by Baz

Daxed
One thing I will say though, why did you ssume she was paying for the lock up if you'd split up? Did you just forget about it, or had she stopped paying long before the split?

Our 'split' happened in VERY slow motion. She moved away from the area, moving out of the house to progress her career, coming home w/e's etc. It became obvious that her statment that she would be back full time within 6 months wasn't true.

Moz_Goodwood

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk me :lol::lol:

id get a solicitor mate one to take the la / company to court and just incase they ever found her body ;)

Baz
Looks a good bargain, I'd have bought that.

;)

M@tt

i say mount up and go get your car back you're still the legal owner!!

GLPoomobile

Daxed - just read the replies you'd left as I was typing my post above. The whole thing stinks of every party passing the buck. They may claim to have processes and obligations to do this and that, or in this case NOT do tis and that, but it sounds to me like they don't have a f***ing clue what they are doing. It's f***ing criminal, no matter how you look at it.

I'd want police action taken against the recovery company, who have sold stolen goods, and I'd seek legal advice to see where you stand about recovering the value of your property.

You see remarkably calm and good humoured about it all though :o