• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dobins

Gearbox Lsd Whats Available

ifcho

I'm ordering one from part-box these days...

Does anybody know if the KAAZ gear oil is compatible with our gearboxes?

Also, a salesperson sent me a full pricelist, but I was not able to find a repair kit for the peugeot type diff, I have asked him about this, but still waiting for responce.

pip470
I'm ordering one from part-box these days...

Does anybody know if the KAAZ gear oil is compatible with our gearboxes?

Also, a salesperson sent me a full pricelist, but I was not able to find a repair kit for the peugeot type diff, I have asked him about this, but still waiting for responce.

Would also like to know this, was going to stick some valvaline 75w80 in that euro car parts do which says its specially designed for peugeot and citreon. I understand the conflict in interest of the two oil properties but I just wish when they would design the diffs the would say "we recomend this oil for this gearbox and diff arangement. "

philfingers

you don't want to run a proper LSD oil, it will paly havoc with the syncro's.

For road use the Tran X is fine but rallying if you catch a wheel on the mud/loose and it snatches when you have one hand on the wheel (when We've just left a control and I'm reaching for the internal light switch- to switch off) it has pulled the wheel out of my hand. Fine if you holding on tight with two hands!

Ifcho- I'd say you'd want to be sure you can get spares for it before you get one

Jon_Bmw

I put my name down for a trans X diff from the group buy setup by miles. I'm still trying to decide on Ramp rates for it. :S

The thing is with a LSD, it's going to cost £540, but I think, 3 years down the line I could still easily sell it for £400+.

3 years use and only depriciated by £140, thats a pretty good investment really! (when talking investments in car modification) Usually you lose at least 50% of what you put in.

Edited by Jon_Bmw

taylorspug
you don't want to run a proper LSD oil, it will paly havoc with the syncro's.

For road use the Tran X is fine but rallying if you catch a wheel on the mud/loose and it snatches when you have one hand on the wheel (when We've just left a control and I'm reaching for the internal light switch- to switch off) it has pulled the wheel out of my hand. Fine if you holding on tight with two hands!

Agreed on both points. Im just running std mineral based Total oil in my box.

Can also understand what you are saying about the Tranx pulling if you catch a wheel, see what you mean about needing PAS now.

pug_ham

Kaaz gearoil comes with the diff & I'm pretty sure that its a mineral oil that should be fine with Peugeot gearboxes.

I'll be running mine on it after the bedding in procedure is done.

It might worth asking partsbox.com or getting touch with Kaaz direct if you can to varify that the oil they supply is fine for use with your gearbox. Using an oil thats not the Kaaz stuff will no doubt invalidate any warranty.

Graham.

philfingers
I put my name down for a trans X diff from the group buy setup by miles. I'm still trying to decide on Ramp rates for it. :S

The thing is with a LSD, it's going to cost £540, but I think, 3 years down the line I could still easily sell it for £400+.

3 years use and only depriciated by £140, thats a pretty good investment really! (when talking investments in car modification) Usually you lose at least 50% of what you put in.

If it's on tarmac definately go with 45/45, with 60/30 it goes straight on at the corners in the wet, I know this from experience! Wet road rallies unfortunatley are not the best place to learn this, or driving to work at normal road speeds and it 'drifts' across 3 lanes at the roundabout. I'd stick with lightweight (25/30lbs) for road and track use. What are you using the car for? www.britishrally.co.uk forum has some good threads on it about Tran X

Phil

Jon_Bmw
If it's on tarmac definately go with 45/45, with 60/30 it goes straight on at the corners in the wet, I know this from experience! Wet road rallies unfortunatley are not the best place to learn this, or driving to work at normal road speeds and it 'drifts' across 3 lanes at the roundabout. I'd stick with lightweight (25/30lbs) for road and track use. What are you using the car for? www.britishrally.co.uk forum has some good threads on it about Tran X

Phil

Cheers Phil, I couldn't sign up to the forum as it won't take either of my email addresses :blush:

Yes its exclusively used on tarmac trackdays, but possibly entering it into tarmac rallys in the next 3 years or so. 45/45 was the option we were swaying towards as well. Most people on here seem to go with that option. The only time it is used on the road is to get to trackdays or check a new part is all ok. Very occasionally I'll take it out for a blast if I am bored of my slow Bmw. :)

The preload setting is now making more sense. I couldn't work out what they meant on their site when it said light weight and fully inter'levered? I guess LW is 25/30lbs and FI is about 40-45lbs. Can this be changed without any additional parts afterwards? And is it totally variable between the two 'sets' of preload. I can see different ramp angles can be bought for around 78.00+ vat which isn't too bad.

Thanks for the help.

Jon

Jon_Bmw

Bttt for phil B)

philfingers

Sorry Jon, didn't see your first reply

So the preload depends on the way the plates are arranged.

See the pics attached. Basically you have two types of plate, 'TX internal plate'(FRI) and a 'PUG fixed lug plate' (LUG), or in simpler terms the two are like the friction plate and cover in a std clutch.

Fully interleaved is LUG, FRI, LUG, FRI, LUG (NEAR SIDE) AND LUG, FRI, LUG, FRI, LUG (OFF SIDE). In this case you have a FRI/LUG interface 8 times

lightweight is LUG, LUG, FRI, FRI, LUG (NEAR SIDE) AND LUG, LUG, FRI, FRI, LUG (OFFSIDE). In this case the FRI/LUG interface is 4 times.

Each of these Friction/Lug interfaces has a set preload of around 6-7 lbft.

you already have all the parts to change between lightweight and fully interleaved, you just need to arrange them in a different order. The same with ramp angles, they come with 45/45 and 30/60, you just have to change some parts around. So you have four different setup options between the ramps and preload.

So when you order one if you don't like it, whip it out and change it. Which is a damn site easier in a BE box than an MA!

I have attached the files TranX sent me, I'm sure they won't mind

post-8636-1231763756_thumb.jpg

post-8636-1231763873_thumb.jpg

ifcho

well...it looks like the customer service offered by TranX is quite good...so now is the time to ask, where is it best to purchase tranx?

Someone mentioned a new group buy might be ran soon B)

Jon_Bmw

Phil, awesome answer. Thanks for helping a low poster!

Thats exactly what I was hoping they were like. I'm going to go for 45/45 and lightweight to start with as its on slicks so it just needs a smaller helping hand in getting grip. Without PAS I think the fully interleaved could end up wrenching the wheel out of my hands. I'm a weedy f**ker. ;)

Ifcho, miles has ended the group buy now, BUT I suspect if you ask nicely he could still get one for you. Postage is a bit more challenging to your region, but find the thread in the group buy section and PM miles. It can't hurt to ask can it?

Sign in to follow this