• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dynacord

Random Questions

dynacord

Hi, I have a question - is the generator from any XU compatible with the 1.9 mi16 ? and how THE HELL are you getting the generator out of the bay (with this big intake pipes?)

and another one - I have seen many pictures in the gallery and in some of the cars the AFM box is positioned horizontally, others is vertically.

At first I drove it with vertically positioned and , then a friend of mine (with another mi16) told me that it's better to be horizontal.

So now it's horizontal but I still have some doubts. Is there any difference ?

Cheers

Alex

Rom

Alternators are interchangable, not sure on exactly which models. But my Mi s still using an 8v alternator. Ive never tried to change it in situ before. Will it come out of the bottom ? Thats how i done my starter, although it was quite a squeeze past the rad / sump .

I too used to have my AFM vertically, but after reading some threads on here its now horizontal. Im not 100% sure it makes any differance, but it was an easy fix for me, so i did it, just incase :D

I think the theory is to do with the internal bits being meant to operate horizontally.

Sign in to follow this