• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
CaptainP

Vaccum Advance Pipe

CaptainP

What size is the vac advance pipe? as the one currently on my CTI is made up of two old bits joined together and I'ld like to tidy it up a bit.

Thanks

swordfish210

6mm

mrswampy

I have a few lengths of it in

red

blue

or stainless braided

CaptainP

Swordfish have you definitely used 6mm on yours? Picked up a length of 6mm today and it won't even stay on the nipple on the throttle body, gotta be smaller I'd say.

welshpug

3mm I.d I'm sure I've used, I think 6mm would be the o.d!

Window washer pipe fits quite nicely :(

miamigtimark

sorry to hijack the thread but can any one tell me where the vacum advance pipe fits (manifold??) as i can see mine is missing off the distributor. Also does this have a major impact on the running of the car if its not fitted? Cheers!

MrG

well it allows air to enter where it shouldn't I think. It fits over one of the small inlets on the throttle body.

I used washer tubing to, a squeeze to get on but nothing soaking it in hot water couldn't solve.

swordfish210
Swordfish have you definitely used 6mm on yours? Picked up a length of 6mm today and it won't even stay on the nipple on the throttle body, gotta be smaller I'd say.

D'oh! My bad. It is 6mm OD, but it's 3mm ID

CaptainP

That makes sense, cheers guys.

Sign in to follow this