• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
SmokyDiesel

205 Dturbo - Intermittent Rev Counter

SmokyDiesel

Afternoon all,

I tried search, but "rev counter" seems to mostly bring up problems that folks fitting Mi16 engines have!

Having got my 93 DTurbo back on the road, I'm trying to track down the cause of a couple of niggly problems.

The most obvious one is that the rev counter only works now & then. Can someone point me to where the thing gets its reading from on a Diesel Turbo 205 please - I'm guessing it's just a loose or corroded wire somewhere?

Thanks,

Steve

welshpug

pretty sure it works off a crank sensor that can be adjusted, located at the rear corner of the block above the bellhousing, I think Pugtorque could confirm as he has an STDT.

pug_ham

It'll most likely be the crank sensor lead that reads off the flywheel, mine used to work for about 30 minutes & then die but since replacing this lead (iirc about £15 from Pug) its been fine.

Although fitting it was awkward.

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...mp;#entry714145

Graham.

SmokyDiesel
It'll most likely be the crank sensor lead that reads off the flywheel, mine used to work for about 30 minutes & then die but since replacing this lead (iirc about £15 from Pug) its been fine.

Although fitting it was awkward.

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...mp;#entry714145

Graham.

Brilliant Graham - that's just the info I need. B)

Reading your answers in that other thread, I hope you got yours working eventually.

Thanks very much,

Steve

pug_ham
Reading your answers in that other thread, I hope you got yours working eventually.

Yes I did, I fixed it when I took the gearbox off again after the clutch exploded. :huh:

Graham.

Sign in to follow this