• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Dave_McC

Earth Connections For Bx Loom On Mi16 Installation

Dave_McC

I've been checking / tracing through my BX loom before installing for the Mi16 instal I'm doing - reading other posts I don't need to connect the earth lead from the car loom brown connector under the steering column - which got me checking where the ecu picks up an earth connection - the only point I can see is the 2 wires which go under the bolts holding the fuel rail to the inlet manifold - is this right or do I need another earth connection somewhere?

On a related point, I intend mounting the ecu under the driver's seat - putting an ally plate under the carpet with bolts pushed up through the carpet and ecu mounted on these bolts - I assume the ecu casing doesn't need to be earthed?

Cheers

Dave

Phil H

There is another earth by the ignition amp. Should be a ring connector or two there.

Dave_McC

Phil

Thanks - there is indeed another earth connection there - brown wire with ring terminal.

Dave

Sign in to follow this