• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
CaptainP

Distributor Cable

CaptainP

I think that my intermittant starting problems maybe down to the cable which connects the distributor to the ignition amp. It seems to have gone very brittle and has seen better days. I've had a look through the forum and the pics I've found of this cable look different to mine (I have a Bosch distributor if that makes a difference?). How does this cable disconnect from the distributor? I can see a screw on a black block that go's into the distributor - does that all come off with the cable? Also, can you still buy these new or am I looking for a 2nd hand one?

Cheers

Steve

post-8703-1228061924_thumb.jpg

welshpug

yep, just undo the screw and unplug the wire, about £20 from peugeot I think

Edited by welshpug

Miles

As said you can still buy them, Even the bag that goes over the dizzy is still available

CosKev
yep, just undo the screw and unplug the wire, about £20 from peugeot I think

£38 according to my local dealer :lol:

CaptainP

Thanks for that. CosKev, just had a look - they are around that price on service box. Silly money! Anyone know if the Ducellier distributor has the same cable or does it have different connectors?

Grim.Badger
Thanks for that. CosKev, just had a look - they are around that price on service box. Silly money! Anyone know if the Ducellier distributor has the same cable or does it have different connectors?

Its different. Try a scrapyard first.

CaptainP

Went to my local scrappy today - no GTI's (just like a few weeks ago) so went to another one I use, found a GTI but it had no distributor or lead. Do all the Bosch distributors have the same connection (distributor end of the cable)? And are the 1.6 cables the same as the 1.9?

Grim.Badger

As far as I can tell yes, shouldn't cost more than £1 from a scrappy to find out.

CaptainP

Thanks mate, got one today and fitted it, ideal.

Steve

Sign in to follow this