• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tom7

309 Donor Car

Guest Tom7

I'm planning on putting an mi16 engine in my 1.6 gti. I have found a 309 ( non gti I believe) which has got a 1.9 mi16 engine (alloy block) however it has been in an accident involving the back end. I haven't seen the car yet as a friend found it for me but I was wondering what would be worth having off the car other than the engine and ancillaries. Are the front wishbones and brakes worth having? My steering rack has some play in it can I use the rack off that?

Thanks

Tom

pug309twin40s

front hubs, rear beam(rear beam tube can be used to convert into GTI beam if the car has base beam still fitted)

brakes , wishbones, shocks/springs, driveshafts depend on if GTI spec stuff is fitted or if its all still base model stuff.

is the car phase 1 or phase 2?

Guest Tom7
front hubs, rear beam(rear beam tube can be used to convert into GTI beam if the car has base beam still fitted)

brakes , wishbones, shocks/springs, driveshafts depend on if GTI spec stuff is fitted or if its all still base model stuff.

is the car phase 1 or phase 2?

I'm not sure what phase it is, I will find out next week. Are the front hubs and brakes the same as 1.9 205's? And I will see about the rear beam but as far as i'm aware that won't be worth having.

Edited by Tom7

Miles

I have always found 309's to be in a very poor state (never looked after), so wishbones, Beam's, Driveshaft are all fit for scrap, Much like 405's and now 306's/406's as the car;'s get older they get driven into the ground

Guest Tom7

Am I right in thinking that the manifold or bulkhead will have to have been modified to fit the mi16 in this 309? As this could be useful as i will be putting it in my 205. I'm hoping it has a modified manifold as I dont fancy attacking the bulkhead and I dont want to pay almost £500 for a manifold!

mattbenselin

You can have the standard manifold re-angled or a spacer added to angle it down. I can't remember who makes them but do a search on here been covered before. It may be a 16v 309 engine rather than a 405 Mi16 engine which means (I think, don't quote me!) it will fit better and less parts need changing or altering.

dirtdog

QEP do the re-angling plate for the exhaust I think

Miles

£500.00 you must be looking at Pugspares, They are only £300.00

Sign in to follow this