• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mbroers

309 Gti16v Instrument Cluster In A 205 Mi 16

mbroers

Hi all,

I have an instrument cluster from a 306 GTI16V lying around, the one with the higher top speed and rev limit at 7000. I quite fancy putting into my 205 MI16 conversion. I wondered is this just a straight swap or will my speedometer read all wrong? Will the tachometer work?

mbroers

pug_ham

It should be a straight swap afaik.

Only thing that might cause a problem was if the 309 GTi-16 had the oil level system fitted but thast easily removed from the clocks.

Graham.

welshpug

The original rev counter would still work if you fitted an Mi16.

as long as you use the correct combination of speedo drive cogs the speedo will be correct, didnt think the gti16 had a higher reading speedo though?

Edited by welshpug

de Noir

indeed, redline at 7k + 240kph speedo

mbroers

So it has, I think it looks rather nice. Bespoke and very subtle.

As far as the correct combination of drive cogs is concerned, I'll have to see, once I have completed the instrument conversion. In a couple of weeks hopefully. I'll keep you posted.

Henry Yorke

You could transfer your clock backs onto the dial faces of the GTI16 ones if you want. I have made myself a hybrid set of MPH clocks with Euro oil numbered pressure markings etc

pug_ham

If you are using the Mi16 (GTi-16) gearbox with these clocks will, anything need changing?

I wouldn't have though it would.:)

Graham.

Sign in to follow this