• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
timmy2take

Help With Powersteering Pipe From A Bx Mi16 To 205 J Reg

timmy2take

My friend had arranged for someone from a certain company to come and make a pipe for the power steering from a BX mi16 engine in a 205 1.6 gti J reg.

The person didn't turn up and my friend basically lost a days work with his firm. So I thought i'd see if anyones done this before? If anyone knows if anywhere makes this solid pipe from the power steering pump to the steering rack.

Sorry if its a bit vague but that's all I got from my friend tonight on the instant messenger.

Any help would be greatfully appreciated.

Cheers

Tim

Phil H

Just get one off a 205 diesel (with power steering obviously), end of.

Anthony

Also, remember the BX 16v has a high pressure hydraulic pump which AFAIK is completely unsuitable for use with a conventional PAS rack.

You need a conventional PAS pump like the 405 Mi16 had. As Phil states, you can use the 205 diesel hoses to mate the Mi pump to a 205/309 PAS rack

timmy2take

Cheers guys i'm going to try some of the breakers to get hold of one.

timmy2take

Managed to finally get hold of someone who has one. He's said that theres 2 pipes, 1 high pressure one and one steel pipe.

Anyone confirm what one it is they think I need?

Cheers

luggy

The high pressure hose on a 205 pas is 1/3 metal 2/3 rubber, roughly. :D

I used my old 8v 205 high pressure hose on my Mi conversion, which is made up of a metal section and rubber section. Ensuring you cut off and keep the metal side of the pipe which has the PAS pump connection. Cut it about 4-5 cm from the 90 degree elbow.

Shorten the rest of the metal high pressure pipe to the desired length taking into account the part which you have already cut off needs to be mated to it. Take it to Pirtek or any hydraulic hose place to get the the two pipes mated.

Before you put the pipe on, flush with oil to ensure any debris is cleared and use some plumbers tape on the hose threads to reduce chances of leaks.

Piccy of the hose joint

post-7769-1227644105_thumb.jpg

Sign in to follow this