• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Dave_McC

Need New Connector For Later Style Coil

Dave_McC

I was tidying up the BX16v loom I've got for my Mi16 conversion when last night I removed some insulating tape from the 4 pin plug which attaches to the manifold - and found the reason it was there was because the connector itself has almost completely disintegrated!

Can I still buy one of these new - and if so where. If not, I guess I'll be off to the scrappy to find one I can cut off another loom.....

The wiring generally seems to be a bit of a mess so I think there's quite a bit more tidying up required if it's going to be reliable.

Cheers

Dave

M@tt

not seen the connectors available on their own in servicebox but i could be wrong

is it the actual plastic plug itself thats knackered or the metal connectors inside it? if its just the connectors inside i'd just get down the scrappy cut some decent ones off another pug/citroen and replace the wires in you plug with those, soldering and heatshrinking the join to the existing wires. I know some plugs are "keyed" so will only fit in a certain hole (but i'm not sure on the coil one) so hence why keep the plastic plug and just replace the wire bits.

Dave_McC

Matt

Unfortunately it's the whole plastic plug that's knackered - and one of the wires is also hanging by a thread from the metal connector inside. I think I'm right in saying this coil was used in a range of peugeots in the early 90s so hopefully I can find a plug in the scrappy fairly easily - though god knows what state they'll be in!

Dave

GLPoomobile

I may have a spare plug, will have a look. Yes, they should be available from Pug for not much money (unless the pricks insist on selling you a bag of 5 or 10 :) ). You need to look on a different part of Servicebox, which is all in french.

There should be no reason why you can't find one in a scrappy. Should be plentiful, and really there's no reason why they should be damaged or worn at all :)

I would obviously recommend crimping on new terminals if yours are a bit worn, but that's a decision you have to make if you don't have a ratchet crimping tool. Defo worth paying £15-£20 for one though if you are getting more involved with your wiring.

Edited by GLPoomobile

Dan Ingram

I think I might have a plug somewhere if GL doesn't. I'll try and have a look later.

M@tt

found it i think

6541 55

4 pin connector - £1.90 inc vat

SB also says its availabe on 306's as well

that doesn't include the teminals them selves but they're listed on the same page if you search for that part number

Edited by M@tt

Dave_McC

That's brilliant - thanks guys :) I'll order a new one at that price

Dave

Sign in to follow this