• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
205Rallee

Kad Ajdustable Wishbones

Spiky
They are the same as in their shape, not diameter, and hence the issues with things not fitting are somewhat baffling....

iirc the most common method to combat the clearance issue with the ARB, is to simply attach the ARB to the arm instead of the damper, simple innit!!

thats not the answer :rolleyes:

welshpug

to what?!

Spiky

attaching the arb to the wishbone,

you will still have clearance issues with "some" setups :rolleyes:

Batfink

the simple answer is to ditch the arb altogether lol - I have :rolleyes:

Spiky

and how many miles of track type abuse have you done with it like that?

Batfink

zero :thumbs: though with the current setup on the old car with the weedy basic tu model antirollbar it handled very well with a 309 antirollbar on the rear. That was using 275lb front springs. That had a good few miles round coombe and silverstone and certainly was one of the more capable cars into corners.

There was still a reasonable amount of roll (not excessive) but as the setup was comfortable on the road, stiffer springs were needed for the track.

The main thing about the setup was it rode the curbs well and was fast in the wet too.

VisaGTi16v

Removing front arb saves weight, aids traction and with correct springs will not lead to any more leaning

Rippthrough
They are the same as in their shape, not diameter, and hence the issues with things not fitting are somewhat baffling....

If they're anything like the 306 bars, even if they are theoretically the same shape, some can be bent like a bannana compared to others, not uncommon for them to be 15mm out compare to another!

Cameron
i had a set of tubular arms in my pressence up until a few days a go.

i think you will have issues clearing the standard ARB, but look forward in seeing you design

i dont have access to that thread you posted,

any pics of your design?

Were you selling them on eBay by any chance? I remember seeing a set on there a few days ago. No pics of the design yet as I haven't drawn any! :) Will be designing them once I've specified tube diameters / thicknesses etc. Hopefully taking measurements this weekend and seeing what needs to be done to clear the ARB. Why is it an issue, is it quite close to the wishbone?

Edited by Cameron

Spiky
Were you selling them on eBay by any chance? I remember seeing a set on there a few days ago. No pics of the design yet as I haven't drawn any! :) Will be designing them once I've specified tube diameters / thicknesses etc. Hopefully taking measurements this weekend and seeing what needs to be done to clear the ARB. Why is it an issue, is it quite close to the wishbone?

no they weren't mine

your design and measurements will highlight the issue i mention :lol:

Cameron
:) Fair enough, Ill cross that bridge when I come to it then. :lol:

pdd144c

They are nasty with no front ARB of any description....

Miles

I meant the shape of them :D, Wish they where the same and save the hassle of finding new 309 bushes

Sign in to follow this