• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
marksorrento205

[car_overhaul] The Winter Project

marksorrento205

A little job done today :huh: I bought some clocks cheap off ebay from a car with a km/h speedo and more importantly the aux guages with numbers on them. I wanted to keep my original speedo so I swapped over the oil / water temp gauge and the oil pressure / fuel gauge over into my original clocks.

Old std dials as fitted to the car

th_030520101356.jpg

New clocks that have the numbers on the dials but are in km/h

th_030520101358.jpg

Swapping the oil and water temp gauge over

th_030520101359.jpg

Swapping the oil pressure and fuel gauge over

th_030520101360.jpg

All gauges swapped over

th_030520101361.jpg

Clear protective screen cleaned and refitted ready to go in the car

th_030520101362.jpg

All finnished fitted to the car

th_030520101363.jpg

Next on the list is to fit my heated mirrors, front heated screen with 5 hole switch panel and heated front seats ;)

StuF215

Good work I have never seen a set of numbered gauges before.

You will have heated everything soon :) did you want all my old sound proofing too, its not that heavy?

marksorrento205

Not that heavy??? :) I removed some of that dynomat from the boot of my car before I have the rear end repaired and it weighed a ton. I have had that windscreen sat in my spare room for what has got to be over 12 months :) Need to get my ass in gear and fit it!

hothatch
A little job done today :) I bought some clocks cheap off ebay from a car with a km/h speedo and more importantly the aux guages with numbers on them. I wanted to keep my original speedo so I swapped over the oil / water temp gauge and the oil pressure / fuel gauge over into my original clocks.

Old std dials as fitted to the car

th_030520101356.jpg

New clocks that have the numbers on the dials but are in km/h

th_030520101358.jpg

Swapping the oil and water temp gauge over

th_030520101359.jpg

Swapping the oil pressure and fuel gauge over

th_030520101360.jpg

All gauges swapped over

th_030520101361.jpg

Clear protective screen cleaned and refitted ready to go in the car

th_030520101362.jpg

All finnished fitted to the car

th_030520101363.jpg

Next on the list is to fit my heated mirrors, front heated screen with 5 hole switch panel and heated front seats B)

loving them dials !!! awsome work. :D

marksorrento205
loving them dials !!! awsome work. :)

Cheers mate. Yeah they look the tits. I gave them a good test too this morning on the way to work :)

rob_furious

i demand progress mark! :angry:

marksorrento205

:angry: Does 5000 miles count as progress? I have been picking up some goodies recently and I have a large set of bits to pick up from Swindon this weekend :( Watch this space.

Hows your car coming on Rob?

marksorrento205

Well (rob :) ) I have just picked up a lovely looking goodwood 3dr full leather from Anthony (top guy for sorting it out for me). I have fitted the rears as is a nice quick job last night and they look the tits. Im going to look at modding the fronts to fit the 205 at the weekend. Im thinking of keeping the 309 subframes, moving the anchor nut on the fwd mount by the sill outboard a bit and making a new bracket for the rear mount.

rob_furious

well get you :lol: im collecting bits an pieces for mine. tbh i just fitted new plugs and HT leads. got aload of stuff coming. you free this weekend? im off this weekend and dont have much planned other then 205 work so if your about can i come get the new boot lid?

marksorrento205

Yes mate. Im about this weekend :) Give us a shout and we can sort something out. Bet your looking forward to spending the weekend on your?

marksorrento205

I have also got a pair of plr tarmac springs waiting here with some bbm strut top rubbers and new bearings and a pair of billies with tarmac insterts on route. Looking forward to seeing the difference with these fitted :)

rob_furious

yeah mate defo. couldnt help but play with it today! fitted new plugs and leads. this weekend in gonna do cambelt. water pump. and rad. and give the engine a good service. new filter and oil, new fuel filters. and let her run up to temperature see if the tricky fuel can shoot some flames :P

marksorrento205

A quick pic of the rear goodwood seats fitted. Im not in a rush to fit the fronts as I will probally fit the heated seat elements to them first.

th_SAM_0449.jpg

Also just received a box of goodies from Stew Baker inc some motorsport billies to go with the plr tarmac springs I have :ph34r: Got to sort a spare set of top mounts out so I can build up the struts off the car.

marksorrento205

The parts to fit is getting bigger :lol: Just bought a pair of heated 205 mirrors :o Just need to buy the heated seat kit off ebay then im all set for winter :D

rob_furious

DEMAND PROGRESS!!

marksorrento205

It may not be what you want to hear though . . . . . . :D

tomcolinjones

You havnt binned it have you? have you got the bilsteins on?

marksorrento205

No not binned it :lol: Never drove it much with the billies on. It has been parked up since Nov :( However it rolled back into the garage yesterday and now is in major bits! Sorting some major rust issues. Pics will follow shortly.