• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pete1986

No Power... Need To Close Window!

pete1986

Can you help with my problem please?

For the time being i have had to use a bin liner to fend off the rain (and possibly snow tomorrow!). The engine is currently out, but the loom is still present. I connected up the battery again, but there was no power. My first thought was that the battery may have drained, so i connected up some jump leads from the 309 - still nothing. Then thought that maybe ALL the earths had to be... well earthed, but still no power. What else do i have to do to get it working?

Would it work if i used a live feed straight to the window motor, incorporating the switch?

saveloy

Try and connect direct to the motor. Failing that, undo the fixings and pull the window up manually.

ORB

hmmm, should still work though, are the switches present on both sides??

pete1986

Thought that would be the answer. Cheers saveloy :lol:

ORB - window switches..? Im sure the windows work properly, as they did when i last drove it about 3 weeks ago. The problem is that there is no power in the car what so ever, not even lights on the dash. I dont see any reason for it not working... :ph34r: Could easy be something that iv missed though, electrics/wiring is not my cup of tea.

tom_m
Would it work if i used a live feed straight to the window motor, incorporating the switch?

you don't even need the switch, just jump a battery straight to the switch loom.

locating the right terminals took me a couple of trys, but once you've done that you're sorted.

jonnie205

just power up the black box on slam panel and this will power up the full car electrics, its the box with the yeelow wire going to it from battery

pete1986
you don't even need the switch, just jump a battery straight to the switch loom.

locating the right terminals took me a couple of trys, but once you've done that you're sorted.

Thanks for all thee suggestions, this method worked a treat. Typically though, the first combination of terminals i used put the passenger side window down! :wacko::) Anyway all sweet now.

But surely something must be up if there is no power when the battery is connected, unless im just being stupid and have missed something. Its not in any rush to be fixed, but has anyone got any ideas?

Edited by pete1986

Baz
just power up the black box on slam panel and this will power up the full car electrics, its the box with the yeelow wire going to it from battery

Exactly, just connect the battery up as if the engine was there, you might need to re-connect an earth or 2 but it's possible.

pete1986

That was the very first thing i tried, before posting on here, but there was absoluetely nothing when i turned the key, not even a dash light.

Edited by pete1986

Sign in to follow this