• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
RAF_gti

Reverse Light Switch

RAF_gti

...yet another problem.

My reverse light isn't working, I've checked the bulbs and they are fine and also the pins in the fuse box and they are showing no continuity.

Where can I find the switch on an '89 1.9? Haynes is as helpful as ever!

thanks (again)

Ryan

It's screwed into the gearbox near the top/front.

RAF_gti

What is the best way to access it?

thanks

Ryan

I think if you remove the airflow meter and the hose on the throttle body then it should be easy to get to.

post-5273-1225202384_thumb.jpg

RAF_gti
I think if you remove the airflow meter and the hose on the throttle body then it should be easy to get to.

post-5273-1225202384_thumb.jpg

Brilliant, thanks for that.

Lovely shiny box you have there as well! :rolleyes:

Ryan
Lovely shiny box you have there as well! :rolleyes:

It's not mine, it's just a picture I had saved. I didn't have the patience to clean mine like that. :o

DrSarty

Don't expect your gearbox to have a bright red circle ringing the reverse switch for you though Steve me old crab airways mucka.

That's just like buying some cheese from Tescos that has a picture on the packet of some tasty cheese on toast with a slice of juicy tomato and a dash of zingy Worcester sauce on it saying 'serving suggestion', just in case you got disappointed there was no bread, butter, tomato, sauce, plate, knife, fork and table in the packet as well.

Just trying to manage your RAF expectations.

:rolleyes:

Edited by DrSarty

RAF_gti

Havn't you got some durka-durkastani to translate or something? :rolleyes:

I think I might actually be back on the road by the end of the week, it was in for it's MoT today and only failed on u/s numberplate lamp and in-secure front headlamps which can be cured by ramming something or other underneath them!

pronta
Havn't you got some durka-durkastani to translate or something? :rolleyes:

It's called 'jingly jangly' you philistine in blue!

I'll go and type something useful in your headlight thread, as there's no need for any jamming (unless only temporary to pass the MoT - providing you intend to 'fix' properly later), as whilst they're not VAG firm, mine are fitted as factory and are rock solid.

RAF_gti
It's called 'jingly jangly' you philistine in blue!

I'll go and type something useful in your headlight thread, as there's no need for any jamming (unless only temporary to pass the MoT - providing you intend to 'fix' properly later), as whilst they're not VAG firm, mine are fitted as factory and are rock solid.

Is that your 'sneaky beaky' logon?!

DrSarty
Is that your 'sneaky beaky' logon?!

No. It's my mate Guy (Pronta) whose house I'm at. Well spotted though.

Sign in to follow this