• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
M@tt

Intercooler/silicone Hose Question

M@tt

I'm using a 2wd cossie intercooler as part of my turbo conversions but last night i measured the inlet diameters of the throttle body and the intercooler and they were 60mm and 64mm (can remember which was round tbh)

well i've been looking on ebay but i've not been able to find any 90 degree reducers that are the right size, so my question is has anyone used one of these intercoolers and if so what did you do?

or if not anyone know whether just getting a 60mm 90 degree bend stretch over 64mm outlet or could a 64mm bend be clamped up sufficiently over the 60mm

cheers

Matt

craig f90
I'm using a 2wd cossie intercooler as part of my turbo conversions but last night i measured the inlet diameters of the throttle body and the intercooler and they were 60mm and 64mm (can remember which was round tbh)

well i've been looking on ebay but i've not been able to find any 90 degree reducers that are the right size, so my question is has anyone used one of these intercoolers and if so what did you do?

or if not anyone know whether just getting a 60mm 90 degree bend stretch over 64mm outlet or could a 64mm bend be clamped up sufficiently over the 60mm

cheers

Matt

I used a firm on Ebay called regals motorsport for 90 deg reducers. Hoses are labeled viper performance.

I tried a 60mm samco over a 64mm on my cossie i/c but it kept creeping and popping off, So i got a sharp as chuff snap off bladed knife and scooped the excess out until it went on. 64mm is the inlet/ throttle body. 60mm is the alloy pipe. Ive tried using larger than required hoses and clamping them tight, it doesnt work im afraid.

Rob Turbo

On the 205 turbo I had I used 60mm silicone hoses stretched over the cossie intercooler no problem.

cyman

I used a cossie 2wd intercooler on one of my s/c conversion. I had the inlet and outlet of the intercooler modified by brize fabrications to accept 63 od hose. I think i still have it..........somewhere !!.

M@tt

anyone have any recommendations of silicone hose places that will make up a 63-60mm 90 degree reducer as i can't find any listed as off the shelf

merlin motorsport has been recommended byt tom fenton so i'll give them a try but any others??

sonofsam
anyone have any recommendations of silicone hose places that will make up a 63-60mm 90 degree reducer as i can't find any listed as off the shelf

merlin motorsport has been recommended byt tom fenton so i'll give them a try but any others??

http://www.sfsperformance.co.uk/reducing_elbows.asp

M@tt

cheers sam

had a look on there but they don't do the size i need :wacko: don't think they make custom ones either

sonofsam

3mm is not alot to clamp down or stretch up really imo.

allanallen

rallydesigns stock quite a lot of silicone stuff, better to ring them though as they dont list everything. Dont use burton as the last reducing bend i got off them took 10 weeks and they couldn't give a s*it

M@tt

i'm now thinking of getting some 63mm aluminium couplers like these of ebay (only £4 each)

aluminiumcoupler3.jpg

and replacing the outlets on the I/C with these and then i can just use normal 63mm 90 degree bends which are nice and cheap and easy to get hold of.

sonofsam

I have never liked the look of that really tight bend before the TB, looks so restrictive :ph34r:

bi.jpg

Your probably better of buying/blagging a length of 2.5" Alu pipe as you will require joiners for the elbows.

Sign in to follow this