• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Simsy

Horn!

Simsy

I seem to have a weird horn problem, the compressor spins (i think thats what i can hear!) but the horn makes no noise :lol:

There are two black plastic 90 degree connections on the compressor but only one fitted, should there be two? Is that why it just goes bzzzzzz!?

I've currently got the headlight out and will have for the next hour or so as i'm doing a little touch up on the wing corner, fast responses get a medal! ;)

dcc

Im pretty sure mine only had one connector. the fact it spins would lead me to beleive its getting an electrical feed, so it sounds like its got a fault. what i would have thought anyway

Simsy

The 1.9 is the only one to use an air horn yes?

If so, is the wiring for an electric horn there somewhere (goes to check......) :lol:

EDIT:

I see the positive connection now, easy to fit an electric horn instead methinks ;)

Edited by Simsy

hengti

if the compressor's producing air, must be the horn that's gone (may be the membrane has split) - need a new horn basically

Simsy

Cheers peeps :lol:

r.u.sure

If you're going to replace the horn, I'd suggest the 'Stebel Nautilus Compact', nice and loud and pretty easy to fit, you can get them on e-bay for about £20, or I think Halfords sell them as well.

Cameron

Yeah, the horn itself has probably had it. My old 1.9 did the same and when I took (bashed) the horn apart the metal disc inside had completely corroded. Just go to the scrappie and get an electric one.

V8Pete

Just get a new trumpet or two from a scrappy and connect it to the hoses. Electric horns sound s*it.

welshpug

horns off a 309/405/XM/CX are twin trumpets rather than the snail, much alike the Steibel ones that are far cheaper and just as loud.

VisaGTi16v

Ive got a few sets of standard Visa GTi horns if anyone wants some, they are twin air horns and about 8" long, no idea why so big but loud!

Naturally I have a omfg pathetic little beep one in the sprint car just to get it through the mot and save weight :)

Sign in to follow this