• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
humanz

Yet Another Wiring Question

humanz

I'm referring to the item 9 in the picture below. What wires run to and from this...that is, what's connected to this box? The ph1 wiring harness doesnt use one. Is it possible that this box could replace the box with the relays found in the ph1 engine bay?

post-7319-1224518929_thumb.jpg

Here's a secondary question. I know the fusebox behind the dashboard is the same across the phases, but I saw a picture recently with relays in all six spaces at the bottom, while ph1 fuseboxes I have only have 4 relays fitted. What relays are/have been fitted in the other two spaces? See picture below.

post-7319-1224518947.jpg

platty

Part 9 looks the same as the shunt box.

humanz
Part 9 looks the same as the shunt box.

Oops. Yeah, it's the shunt box (forgot to mention that), but I don't know what that is or what it does, so if the original post seems silly, just entertain me and explain. Cheers.

platty

Its just an engine bay fuse box. Think you'll normally find two fuses inside (25amp?) and a few solid links. It fuses down the cable that runs to the main fusebox.

humanz

So what about the engine bay box with the relays in it? I've only seen it in ph1 looms. Is it present in ph2 looms? If it's not present, what replaces those engine bay relays in the ph2 loom?

And what relays are the ones in the engine bay box?

Cheers.

platty

I can't really answer that, but it's not present on my ph1.5, so can only imagine they are either not required, or are on the fusebox in the footwell.

One thing to consider though, the tachymetric (sp?) relay is found out near the shuntbox on ph1's, but 1.5's and 2's will be found down in the drivers footwell.

Super Josh

The engine bay box with the relays on the slam panel is only fitted to cars with twin fans. So either fitted with AC or the TD models.

Josh

Sign in to follow this