• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
munster

Where Do You Get Your Oil From?

hengti

£6 postage though, which adds a lot for a relatively cheap oil

unlike a lot of the motorfactors, suppliers like ECP/GSF seem to adjust their prices to reflect the fluctuations in the price of engine oil. personally, i was recommended a particular oil (Duckhams Q) and stuck with that at £20 a can once i'd found a local motorfactor who kept it

Lan

i buy in person from a parts shop near me valvoline turbo diesel oil, £11 for 5 litres.. bargain

Ricardo

Tesco then I get mi clubcard points, usually the local mtor factors as postage usually puts me off tinterweb buying! or use the remains of my semi symthetic bike oil if I need to top it up which is very rare, and that tends to be quite expensive!

Opieoils looks very good tho!

Baz

I used to buy from a trade wholesalers not far from me, £6.50+Vat for 5litres, 10w40 semi. That was a bargain.

Everywhere seems to be around £10 now.

oilman

If you do go with us then dont forget you get 205GTI Dirvers discount too!

Cheers

Guy

Veero

Halfrauds with the trade discount is relatively cheap. Used it for years on several cars. None have ever gone bang.

Baz
If you do go with us then dont forget you get 205GTI Dirvers discount too!

Cheers

Guy

Hi Guy,

Even with trade discount, when you add delivery i'm afraid you're just not competitive! Also adding the time it takes to wait for delivery too, i just can't see how you make any money! :rolleyes:

pug_ham

Last few times I've either got Fuchs XTR from GSF or Millers XSS from a local motor factors for around the same price as each other(~£12 which is cheaper than oilman for XTR).

I priced oil up at Halfords recently & I can get either of the above known quality oils for less than the Halfords stuff which I can't find a definate on who make it for them. Good price for bulbs though with the trade card, less than half marked price. :)

Graham.

Baz

Pleasantly found Halfords oil has gone down recently on trade Graham, £10.99 for 10w40 semi. Plus they're doing the set of 8 screwdrivers free deal atm, if you can persuade them to let you have them on trade... :)

Sign in to follow this