• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
projectpug

Wipers Not Working!

projectpug

H all,

Went to start my pug as usual to keep her running sweet and to do a few jobs ready for trackday at anglesey this weekend coming up. However i dont have any wipers i have checked the fuse and it's not that but on checking the haynes it seems the relay for the wipers is clicking when the wipers are operated (well tried to operate) the motors themselves arn't making any noises . Its dark atm and i can't get it in my garage so will have to fix it tomorrow hopefully any ideas where to start?

Thanks

Phil

Edited by projectpug

boombang

The stalks do tend to give up and can cause problems with lights, horn, wipers.

Either take lower steering column cowling off and test that the switch in the wiper is working, or maybe a bit easier take off the panel over the wiper motor and see if it's getting voltage first.

projectpug

Cheers will test this first thing this morning is the relay meant to make a clicking sound or not? I am ok when it comes to mechanics but i am far from an electrician ;)

large

If the relay is clicking in and out I don't think it will be the stalk as that is what sends voltage to bring the relay in. Have a go at swaping the relay. If you dont have a meter to test voltage on the motor (that would be the best thing to do) run a wire off the bat to the wiper motor to see if it runs.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this