• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Moz_Goodwood

Twin 40 Carb Inlet Manifold

Moz_Goodwood

hiya all

I did a twin 40 weber carb coversion to my 309 1.9 8v a while ago now but never cleared this up properly.

on the inlet manifold there is two 'outlets' that suck air in, the left one (as you look at them) ive attached to the master cylinder but im not sure what to do with the right one

does it need to go to somewhere as just leaving it open is worrying me slightly if its sucking in cr@p (because its bypassing the filters) or can i block it off? if so can you get proper blanking plugs?

MrG

well mine is the take off for the distributor, so mine is plugged into that (well it was plugged into the TB when injection was fitted.

other than that, plug it otherwise its sucking in fresh air?

Moz_Goodwood
well mine is the take off for the distributor, so mine is plugged into that (well it was plugged into the TB when injection was fitted.

other than that, plug it otherwise its sucking in fresh air?

was thinking that but the dizzys alot smaller than the one coming off the manifold what pipe did you use?

pike_1.9cti

I took 2 bits of pipe off the left and right hole joined with a T piece and ran it to MC. I don't use the vac advance on mine, not needed with carbs.

ericdean

On my brothers 205 the 2 take off's have been joined together and then used for the master cylinder.

Cheers

Eric

projectpug

I did same as pike with my webers will give added servo assistance too.

MrG

ah, good call, I'll do the same then, it was there before so just put it back!.

In order to connect mine I used a L piece and new piece of pipe (washer tube), heated it in hot water and pushed it over, seems to work ok though!

Edited by MrG

boombang

I unscrewed it on mine and filled it with weld. Put it back in with some silicon sealant on the threads.

No air getting in there now.

Moz_Goodwood

think ill go for the 'y' piece into the servo then cheers all

vickiw106

i have just had the same problem

The best way I found was to take the union from your standard manifold (there should be two on a standard one)

Use one for you mc vacuum and the other one fill the pipe/union with chemical weld/putty and before it has time to set get a pot rivet insert it into the hole. This intern creates a superb seal and if you do it correctly looks good as well

I will see if I can get some pics of mine tomorrow

Hope it makes sense

Sign in to follow this