• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
boldy205

Oil Swithes On Gti6

boldy205

Hi, i have searched, and posted before but never really got an answer. My question is, what are the two senders on the front of a GTI6 block, one behind the starter with a short wire that seems bo be perminatly fixed to it, and a sender to the left of it. I presume thay are both oil senders? If so what do they do?

Many thanks

Matt

welshpug

the one with a length of wire attached is the oil level, the other will be oil pressure switch, quite rare for a gti6 to have a gauge sender fitted.

boldy205

Ah so for fitment to a 205 i wont need the one on the right (oil level) The one on the left then, the oil pressure switch, will just be the light? Or the guage as well?

Thanks

Matt

welshpug

it'll be just the switch, so you will either need to fit a sender from an S16/Mi16/2.0 8valver, or get an adapter from Miles to use the original 205 8 valve item.

boldy205

Thank you very much Welshpug! Sorry for being cheeky!

boldy205

So the S16 etc senders will fit where the GTi6 pressure switch was? and will it do both the light and the guage?

Thanks

Sign in to follow this