• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Tommer

Re-spray Bristol Area - Faded Cherry Red

Tommer

Hi all,

if the 205 passes its MOT on monday, I thought I would look into getting it sprayed so all of the panels are the same colour.

Currently its a faded cherry red on the back ( I quite like the colour) a half arsed almost cherry red on the doors and wings (previous over), black nearside wing and a mangy mouldy green bonnet.

I would like to get it sprayed the colour the cherry red has become, the faded orange that is the roof and rear of the car.

anyone know any recommended sprayers in the bristol / southwest area?

also I've never had a car sprayed so will i need to take EVERYTHING off or what, how does it work?

any info appreciated.

cheers

tommer

hengti

it'd probably be much cheaper to try and pick up s/h panels in the right colour and then machine polish it to see if that brings it all back. you'd be lucky to find everything exactly the same shade once done but it might not be that bad and a decent respray will cost you ££££

is the lacquer OK?

ed. just re-read that you'd like it spraying faded orange - ?! lol

Edited by hengti

platty

:blush:

You could save yourself a few quid removing all the trim, badges, handles, glass, etc as the bodyshop will charge you labour to do that.

Edited by platty

Sign in to follow this