• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Tommer

Engine Bay Earth By Radiator

Tommer

hi all,

the earthing point in my engine bay, under the slam panel by the radiator (battery side), is a bit dodge. its bolted to a rust bearing panel and the wiring is a bit suspect...

I am planning to move it and re-wire all the earths to make them a little more reliable, has anyone done this, if so any recomendations as to where will be the best place and did you have any problems doing it?

should be pretty straight forward right?

tommer

Edited by Tommer

platty

Yes it is straight forward. I have taken all of the earth blocks off (engine bay and interior)of my 205 and crimped ring terminals on, then cleaned the paint away and bolted them up to nice shiney metal. Your limited to where you can move them to from their lenght, so just find some clean metal and your away.

Tommer

done it now, I bought an earthing block, connected all the earthing wires to it, then joined it to the chassis as an earth an also to the battery negative.

for the first time ever all the lights work!

also bought some new Denji spots and even they work!

MOT on monday, watch this space!

Sign in to follow this