• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
shooter mcgavin

New Project

shooter mcgavin

alright lads,i'm considering a 309 2.0 turbo conversion to go along with my 205gti6,turbo is a 406 rgx,i ve got a complete 406 executive for the conv,i ve tried to get as much info from the posts and topics section some of which contradicts a little,does anyone have any of the additional parts req'd for the task at hand

sonofsam

Contradictory in what manner? Of course there are a few different methods people have employed for certain parts of their conversion :D

Also put up a wanted ad. if you need parts :)

shooter mcgavin

some guys are saying top mount to use is 306xsi,gti6 for 406 engine,some are saying they used a gti6 top mount for xantia engine?its gettin a little to confusing

sonofsam

Xantia & 406 share the same RGX engine, so it's the XSI top mount you will need.

XM & 605 is the earlier RGY engine I believe.

Miles

It really depends on what acc. you want to use but you can use any mounting from the Iron block's but it can be sump depending as the S16 type with P/S only has a tin sump which if you use a Alloy sump the P/S mounting foul's but again can be cut to suit.

The hardest one to use is the XM mount which is the Alloy one so not really worth bothering with

Sign in to follow this