• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest iainwhitecross

205 Gti6 Project

Guest iainwhitecross

hi, got a 205 19 gti, and im putting a gti6 engine into it.

cant decide weather to put on twin 45's or go for bike carbs. i done a mi16 with 45's but never had any dealings with bike carbs.

anyone have any ideas?

also anyone know where i will get a dizzy adapter plate and drive??

cherry_red

Im currently doing an s16 conversion into my 205. I've been looking at an 8v dizzy convertor and found one at £69 which seems to be a lot cheaper then anywhere else. Not really sure if it fits a gti6 though. You found any info about bike carb conversions?

Not sure whether to run twin 45s or bike carbs want to get maximum power out of the 2.0. I was thinking about twin 40's, as they are a lot cheaper secondhand then 45's and 48's but there probably not enough for a 2.0 16v. 48's seem very expensive and possibly over kill as I'm probably not going to do to many performance upgrades to the engine. So i think its 45's or bike carbs, but don't know anything about them.

oh and throttle bodies seem to £££ and not capable of mapping them.

Any suggestions what i should run???

Guest iainwhitecross

hi, i had 45's on my mi16, and i am going for them again. cant find out much about bike carbs.

i am not sure if the dizzy adapter will fit the gti6, still trying to find out. where are you getting your adapter from?

Baz

Bike carbs, IMO, are a waste of time. But then again any carbs on a GTi6 is going backwards IMO.

oddball366
Bike carbs, IMO, are a waste of time. But then again any carbs on a GTi6 is going backwards IMO.

cant see how its going backwards. will lose fuel economy but get just as much power for less money than injection.

however im looking to swap the injection system for carbs on my gti-6 lump as it didnt come with a loom and ECU.

Edited by oddball366

Sign in to follow this