• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Lan

Wheel Spacers

Lan

i need some wheel spacers for the rear wheels on my car as they are rubbing against the inside of the arch, does anyone know of any gd'uns to use???

Anthony

Are you sure that they're not rubbing because the beam is knackered? Excessive negative camber (ie leaning inwards at the top) is the giveaway.

If so, fix the cause, not the symptom!

Lan
Are you sure that they're not rubbing because the beam is knackered? Excessive negative camber (ie leaning inwards at the top) is the giveaway.

ill have a look is the rear track on a dturbo the same as a gti??

Lan

wheels perfectly straight i know this sounds retarded but could it be because i have a 13" wheel on one side of the rear and a 14" on the other side??

and that 13 is not fully inflated

Edited by Lan

welshpug
wheels perfectly straight i know this sounds retarded but could it be because i have a 13" wheel on one side of the rear and a 14" on the other side??

and that 13 is not fully inflated

WTF?! :)

Lan
WTF?! :)

lol erm ive look at the size of the rear track in the haynes now and as its smaller than the gti this all makes sense

dirtdog

A 13" and 14" rubbing?

First off I think that's illegal(?) diffrent wheel/tyre sizes either side of the car.

Put another 13" or a 14" on so they are both the same. I have heard about people having problems with rubbing when using the 15" wheels but never the smaller size wheels. How wide are they?!

Henry Yorke

Stand behind the car and look at the back wheels. If they look like /-------\ then you will fail an MOT and your rear beam is goosed. The wheel will be rubbing at the top of the arch on the inner arch. I presume you are running standard Peugeot wheels, not some Ford offset ones or something?

Lan
A 13" and 14" rubbing?

First off I think that's illegal(?) diffrent wheel/tyre sizes either side of the car.

Put another 13" or a 14" on so they are both the same. I have heard about people having problems with rubbing when using the 15" wheels but never the smaller size wheels. How wide are they?!

its in my garage :lol: the 13 isnt rubbing anywy and the camber is straight, and theres no probs with another 13 on the back. i cant test the other 14 as the tyre wont inflate.

and there 1.6 gti wheels 185/60 R14

Edited by Lan

SurGie

Stand behind the car and look at the back wheels. If they look like /-------\ then you will fail an MOT.

So when i have the ZX arms fitted and it looks like /------\, will that fail mot when beam is fully reconed?

Cheers

Henry Yorke
So when i have the ZX arms fitted and it looks like /------\, will that fail mot when beam is fully reconed?

There is only 1 degree there, so the answer is no and that depends which ZX arms you fit IIRC. If it does look like /------\ then the beam has not been reconned very well! I was refering to the original posters reference to a DTurbo beam.

SurGie

They are all the same negative camber, just volcane etc have rear disk's.

My beam is fully reconed and arms have been re-sleeved like new, with it being a 309

axle is wide enough not to rub the inner arch's.

Ps Any chance on getting copy 106 Torque magazine from e-bay ?

Iv missed out on that one after being a member for two years.

Cheers

welshpug

it should be perfectly fine on 1.6 gti alloys, as the DTurbo and XS models got them as an option IIRC.

Sign in to follow this