• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sss_205GTI

Standard Or Tweeked?

johnsimister

You're right, the first ones were very fidgety on bumps. I drove Motor magazine's original long-term test car, A706 VGT, quite a lot and remember nearly poking an eye out when I tried to scratch an itch on my face while driving on an averagely lumpy road. I too am not sure which bits of the suspension were changed to calm things down but I suspect both springs and dampers were softened so their characteristics would still complement each other. And it most likely involved both front and rear, because the problem was a vertical choppiness rather than a pitching motion, suggesting it was too stiff at both ends.

BTW, I do have Ph1.5 surrounds for the interior door handles on my Ph1 car. That's the originality scuppered, then...

Oh, and the recirculation control, which I praised in my last post because of its independence from the fan, doesn't work because the cable is broken. It's the only non-functioning part of my car but fixing it looks like a fairly major job.

John

de Noir

I'm rebuilding my ph2 from scratch, somehow feels right to improve things along the way.

It would be great to have another 100% stock car, true.

In a 205 dreamworld, you end owning half a dozen GTIs, spreading from mint stock car to shinyracing instrument! :angry:

Peetypug
Phase 1 lights are gash! ;)

you dont mean that do you? :)

thats blasphemy to my eyes :angry:

I'm rebuilding my ph2 from scratch, somehow feels right to improve things along the way.

It would be great to have another 100% stock car, true.

In a 205 dreamworld, you end owning half a dozen GTIs, spreading from mint stock car to shinyracing instrument! :o

if i could i'd have one in every colour with mods ranging from 100% standard to stripped out tarmac eating subaru running geared beast :D

Sign in to follow this