• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Tom Fenton

Alloy Tig Welding

Tom Fenton

About 6 months ago I bought myself an AC/DC TIG welder that can do either steel, stainless, or alloy.

Thus far I've only really done any ferrous (steel/stainless) with it, the pullers I do are welded with it.

However I'm off to Castle Combe next weekend, and one of the things they insist on is that I cover the turbo on the mini. Last year I made an alloy "cover" of sorts, pretty gash but good enough.

So with Combe looming once more I decided to have a go at welding it. Considering its my first proper go at alloy TIG welding I'm chuffed to bits.

AllyWeld.jpg

sonofsam

Oh that looks very nice indeed Tom, nice one. I've only tried ARC, but am desperate to get our Polish welder at work to teach me TIG, if only He spoke English :unsure:

What you making next? :(

Baz

Looks fappin good!! I'd be chuffed with that, more than does the job! :unsure:

Rippthrough

That's not bad at all Tom, it's sat up a little, but I suppose you've already found out that the difference between a touch more penetration and a hole on ally is the square root of bugger all. :)

Sign in to follow this