• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
maxi

Peugeot Partner 21.3mm Torsion Bars

welshpug

I do fancy getting a set of these torsion bars for my 405!

not sure if it would need a stiffer ARB as well, all 3 are 20mm currently.

DamirGTI
Id imagine they are, pretty much the same van arent they? The only problem is theres about half a dozen different sized bars available for the Partner so make sure you get the right ones...

Which part No. are these 21mm Partner bars which you've bought ? :P

Damir :D

EDIT : what about Partner ARB-s ? do the fit 309 beam tube as well ?

Edited by DamirGTI

taylorspug
Well, I saw the lengths of the 205 and 309 bars were up for discussion, and the difference is 36 mm.

TB: 992 -> 1028

ARB: 1094 -> 1130

...total lengths in mm 205 -> 309.

Shaving 18 mm off each side wouldn't spare much of the splines.

Nothing was shaved off, we are talking about a 309 beam on a 205, and the bars fitted without modification. B)

taylorspug
Which part No. are these 21mm Partner bars which you've bought ? B)

Damir ;)

EDIT : what about Partner ARB-s ? do the fit 309 beam tube as well ?

Part numbers are 5150 63 and 5150 66

Unsure about the ARBs, although I think the largest is a 21mm, so you would be better off with a 306 GTI6 item (24mm).

Welshpug- Im running mine with a 24mm ARB, and tbh that made a more obvious difference than the bars...

DamirGTI

Unsure about the ARBs, although I think the largest is a 21mm, so you would be better off with a 306 GTI6 item (24mm).

Welshpug- Im running mine with a 24mm ARB, and tbh that made a more obvious difference than the bars...

Thanks ! B)

Damir ;)

marksorrento205

Dan im told that the gti6 24mm ARB dont "just" fit. Is there much work to make them fit?

taylorspug

No they are too long as standard. All i did with mine was chop it down and weld one of the end plates on. Obviously when you do this you need to ensure the other endplate is fitted and both are flat and level, as you have no adjustment when you put it in the beam. You could get it resplined, but to me this was alot of hassle and money for a part i paid a tenner for, and ive had no problems so far with the welded one.

Sign in to follow this