• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
maxi

Peugeot Partner 21.3mm Torsion Bars

jonnie205

ime gonna look out for some 21.3mm partner bars then

taylorspug

They are only around £120 a set new IIRC, i did check a couple of months back.

projectpug

What would people reccomend for the rear of a 205 track car 1.9 GTI beam. Gaz front suspension lowered 50mm. The front and back rolls an awefull lot on slicks :(. I was thinking 23mm or bigger?

Thanks

Anthony

285lb front and 24mm rear TB's works well in my experience on a trackday 205, although even that was a bit soft for slicks - the owner of that car is currently changing it to 350lb fronts and 25mm rear TB's to address that...

projectpug

So a 25mm rear ARB will be ok with my Michelin S9's? about the TB i dont really want to change it unless i have to or is this not a good combo (std TB and 25mm ARB?). Also what about front ARB i cant go bigger than stock without extreme modifications due to my RJ arms only just clearing the ARB.

Thanks

Phil

James_R

Think you miss understood, the car ran 24mm torsion bars and a 27mm ARB, the nose was a tad soft still and this was on wet slicks, I'm going up to 25mm bars and a 30mm ARB 350lbs front and a 309ARB at the front (but may swap back to the 205 depending how it drives. I'm also jumping to 4.5deg -ve camber on the front and 2.5 on the rear 0deg toe front and back.

On full slicks like the SB9's i was recommnded to jump to around 600lbs on the front of the car, which is why I chose to sell them, since I'd have to swap the sus at the track to be able to drive it there.

Hope that makes sense.

Edited by James_R

Alastairh

Back to the original question, it sounds like a good cheap upgrade. Not too harsh for the road with the correct combination of shocks, tyres and springs. But it should theroetically be that improvement again over the 309 beam from the original 205 beam.

Certinly worth chucking on and being a guinny pig.

Didn't Dino's final cambered fancy beam run similar setup to what you plan to run?

Also, what bars do the Berlingo run? Worth a check of these if they are the same / better seeing as Citroen seem to hide little suspension secrets over Peugeot with the likes of Zx arms and other tweaks with the Xsara VTS over the 306 GTI6?

Al

Edited by Alastairh

oli-pug

Standard torsion bars really won't be suited to slick tyres. It's a whole different ball game as you'll need to look very closely at spring rates, camber settings and tyre pressures for them to be of any use to you.

If you want to go out and just have fun, your better off running a cheapish track tyre such as the parada, r888 etc...

projectpug

Already running the R888's too and i admit at the current setup i have the r888 definately feel better balanced than the slicks. The slicks just seem to encourage the car to roll an awful lot tbh but turn in is much much more responsive. Will be looking at uprating it all then very shortly. How will R888's cope with a setup aimed at pure slicks? Just because if its slightly damp or not warm enough i will be reverting to the R888's

Thanks

Phil

Edited by projectpug

maxi

Crikey, this thread has gone on since I last checked the forum!

The problem I have is my new K plate shell is very clean. We all know how quickly they go downhill and I dont want to do anything to encourage this. I think I will give the bars a go if I come across them in a scrappy and I will just have to see how I get on.

Maxi

James_R

Think Phil almost needs a seperate thread.

But basically if you've optimised the car for slicks then the sus will be far too stiff for 888's and again far far to stiff for 888's and the wet, I run no ARBs in the wet and its still not that good next to std sus :)

Ali - not sure on Dino's camber stuff on his old set up, it's just a rip off of the clio cup set up I'm aiming at Geometry wise.

maxi

Torsion bars are on order.......... Me and another forum member have taken the plunge and gone for them (I will let him reveal himself COUGH.....DAN...COUGH :( )

Cant wait to drive the new setup actually, 309 tube, 24mm ARB, 306 GTi6 trailing arms and these peugeot partner 21.3mm torsion bars. All this will be going onto my new K plate shell.

Maxi

taylorspug

Er yes, that would be me then, may aswell give them a shot for the price. Im having to put some stiffer springs on the front end to cope with the engine weight, so this should balance things out nicely.

What I think we will keep under wraps is the deal we got on them. All I will say is its obvious our main dealer like the both of us... :(

Edited by taylorspug

Alastairh

How did you get on?

Al

taylorspug

Well ive got them in my car today. Ive got to have another crack at the rideheight tomorrow as its a little high at the minute, so cant really comment at the minute. They fit fine though. :blush:

jonnie205

any good then?

taylorspug

Yes, they work very well. Car is very much more willing to turn through the middle of a corner now, and is generally more on the front end than with the std bars. To top it all off on my car its made the ride better, as the stiffer rear end isnt clipping the bumpstops as much. Well worth the money in my opinion. :)

jonnie205

very good, can anybody confirm if berlingo torsion bars are the same as partner?

taylorspug

Id imagine they are, pretty much the same van arent they? The only problem is theres about half a dozen different sized bars available for the Partner so make sure you get the right ones...

ifcho

what modifications are needed for the partner torsion bars to fit the 309 beam?

Do they fit without modifications?

taylorspug

Yes.

ifcho
what modifications are needed for the partner torsion bars to fit the 309 beam?

Do they fit without modifications?

Is "Yes" an answer to:

"Do they fit without modifications?"

taylorspug

Yes. Or I would have told you what you needed to modify wouldnt I?! :rolleyes::)

Plus the first question couldnt actually be answered with 'yes'...

Edited by taylorspug

ifcho

Yes... :rolleyes:

Guest Pär Hansson

Well, I saw the lengths of the 205 and 309 bars were up for discussion, and the difference is 36 mm.

TB: 992 -> 1028

ARB: 1094 -> 1130

...total lengths in mm 205 -> 309.

Shaving 18 mm off each side wouldn't spare much of the splines.

Sign in to follow this