• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
M@tt

King Dick Tools Any Good?

M@tt

I'm lookign at getting a cordless impact gun and have been looking online.

I've seen the Draper 41425 and Draper 74054 although i can't really tell much diffrerence between the 2 (approx 280nm torque) however i stumbled across this one which seems to have loads more torque and a bit cheaper (400Nm torque)

http://www.lawson-his.co.uk/scripts/detail...p;product=85452

I'm sure i've heard of King d*ck tools before but not sure what they're like. Anyone with any experiece?

Matt

Atari Boy

Firstly, great name which would make me buy it whatever it was like.

Joking aside, I have heard that are quite good but no firsthand experience

skeggyrik

sounds like a load of cock to me.

Lunch time drinking, tut tut :lol:

see below for constructive comments.

SPGTi

I have loads of "King d*ck" spanners that I inherited from my grandfather, all imperial though. The spanners were always good quality and lasted well, I have not seen them on the market for years though and never in metric (waits to be proved wrong). The impact gun, I suppose this is a product name relaunch and the King d*ck name has been put on a generic type gun. Maybe good maybe bad.

Probably doesn't help much sorry.

Steve

steve@cornwall

I also have some old imperial King d*ck tools - they were my dad's RAF airframes tools from the early 60's - so yes top quality! The old ratchet was indestructible and built so it could be stripped, cleaned and lubed - fantastic - but unfortunately not fitted with a homing device :lol:

Again, though, I've not seen them available for many years

gizzmo

up their with britool imo nealy every tool box when i was serving my time hade a mix of the both i have a tool box dates back to the 60s which has stood the test of time very well, quality kit

Alan_M

I've got a King d*ck socket set in metric sizes. Top quality gear, thats robust and will stand the test of time.

Got your PM by the way M@tt.

M@tt

might risk it for a biscuit as they say in that case,

as long as its not some cheap crap branded up as it, which by the sounds of their heritage it won't be, looks like it might be a good buy!

nice one alan :lol:

EDIT> Just phoned the woman at the place selling it, shes assured me its all genuine King d*ck stuff not some cheap chinese rebranded crap. so think i'm going to definitely opt for that one. i'll let you know how i get on!

Edited by M@tt

Alastairh

Worth a shout.

I have the Draper though. Has taken the last 18 months worth of hub nuts, beam and engine stripping fine :lol:

Rob Thomson

I've no experience of the King d*ck stuff but I have got the Draper 74054 and it's really, really good. My mate who runs his own rally car preparation business swears by them too.

Do you know whether the King d*ck has a variable speed/power control? The cheaper ones I've seen have just been on or off, whereas mine is variable which makes it so much more useful.

M@tt

i might wait till monday and give king d*ck a call themselves and check as looking on their website it doesn't list the impact wrench, just the hand tools instead

Paintguy

As said above, King d*ck used to have a very good reputation, but I haven't seen much of them for quite a few years.

I'd just buy it for the name anyway :lol: Imagine stopping to help a damsel in distress at the side of the road with a puncture. "Don't worry love, I'll get my King d*ck out and sort you out good and proper.

M@tt

i do that any way, thats why i have a police caution :lol:

ablister
i do that any way, thats why i have a police caution :lol:

:)

anyway, the modern d*ck stuff just as K-D on it

M@tt

just as a bit of an update, spoke to King d*ck himself this morning ;) they assured me this was one of their new products, rated as described at 400Nm and in independant test out performed more expensive brand equivalents such as Makita De Walt etc. Took it to some big karting event where they had side by side tests against other brands

Only thing he said was it didn't have variable power its either on or off.

Think i'll order myself tone of these bad boys :P

Alastairh
Only thing he said was it didn't have variable power its either on or off.

TBH. That ain't a bad thing. I've used a few different impact guns. The Snap On is without a dought the Daddies. But at a price, and doesn't have the lifetime warranty you'd expect.

My Draper is great for what i use. Cost me £150 20 months ago, and along with a trolley jack, sledge hammer and Halfords 150 piece kit, you can remove and strip a rear beam for its tube in sub 10 minutes, no joke. I can't remember which model mine is, but just below 280 Nm from memory, so if yours is kicking out 400, it should be good. How much is it anyway?

My mate has a slightly more powerful variable switch gun (Make name escapes me on this Monday morning), which is a bit of a waste of time as he always had it set on max ;)

Al :P

Edited by Alastairh

welshpug

Not had experience of this one, but it looks identical to a Sealey one I have used, very handy tools and seems well made and lasts pro use on HGV's well enough.

Not a bad thing that its either on or Off, I never do stuff up with one anyway! means the gun is cheaper too.

M@tt

Al its £144 delivered

M@tt

well my impact wrench arrived today, however i was suprised to find its actually branded as Powerbuilt on the case and the wrench itself. It's as described and illustrated in that previous link so maybe they make them for King d*ck.

It's made in germany as far as i can tell so not some cheap chinese knockoff and feels solid and the case is really robust so i'll give it a charge and see how i get on

Tom Fenton
anyway, the modern d*ck stuff just as K-D on it

K-D are a different company and nothing to do with King d*ck. I have a set of K-D spanners and they are very good, but are from the USA. King d*ck is a British name.

Sign in to follow this