• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jonnygoodhand

[car_overhaul] Uk 205 Rallye Engine, Suspension And Body Mods

jonnygoodhand

They're on eBay here.

Craig89

Hi, im Craig and i brought John's 205 Rallye. I have had it for a couple of months now and i am very happy with the car and love everything John has done with the car. I intend to keep the this thread running with any updates i have as im sure work on the car will never stop. A few pics:

Link: http://img140.imageshack.us/g/dsc00624q.jpg/

Sandy

Good to hear!

jonnygoodhand

Hi Craig and welcome to the forum. Hope the car provides as much fun as it did for me!

Craig89

I thought i would update this thread as the car has undergone a fair few changes recently. Firstly i removed the full T16 decals as i have decided to go down the euro rallye look. I have got some OEM euro rallye decals to put on soon.

Next i converted the rear lights from Ph2 to Ph1 (probably get shot down for this, but i like the look of them, especially on a white car).

Most recent of all i got hold of a second hand OMP exhaust system, which i gave a good coating in high temperature paint for a bit of extra protection.

I want to get hold of some Belingo/Partner van steelies as they are essentially the same as the 205 steels but 14" instead of 13". I am also looking at replacing the kevlar front wings with steel ones as the fit at the moment just isnt quite what i would like (picky i know) I even considered having front wings with no side repeaters to follow the Ph1 theme but it would be a pain come MOT time.

Well heres a few pictures:

Less the decals

dsc01044j.jpg

dsc01045oq.jpg

dsc01041x.jpg

Exhaust

dsc01031u.jpg

dsc01043e.jpg

Rear Lights

Ph2

dsc00496r.jpg

Ph1

dsc01042px.jpg

Would love to here your comments! Cheers Craig

welshpug

love it :blush:

I know the wheels you mean, look just like the original round hole 13"s but in 14" only 5.5" wide though.

EdCherry

Rear lights look so much better!

Craig89
love it :blush:

I know the wheels you mean, look just like the original round hole 13"s but in 14" only 5.5" wide though.

Cheers mate

Yeah them are the ones, not to concerned about the width, i just have a thing about having more than 1 set of wheels for the car and will prob use the steels as just the pottering about wheels and save the speedlines for the nice summer days :D

Rear lights look so much better!

Thanks bud, i agree!

jonnygoodhand

Nice zorst! :blush:

The lights look the part too and have to agree with the wheels. As nice as the SL434s are, the steels do look just 'right'.

Edited by jonnygoodhand

Craig89
Nice zorst! :blush:

The lights look the part too and have to agree with the wheels. As nice as the SL434s are, the steels do look just 'right'.

Wonder which exhaust it might have been John :D.

Have you got a link to that picture you sent me of the 205 rallye with the berlingo/partner steels on?

Whilst on the subject of wheels i would love to track down a set of Speedlines like these as they look awesome on this car:

slalomduluc0921024x768nw7.jpg

EdCherry

13" PTS rims (rare as rocking horse s*it)

Craig89

As rare as waste from a rocking horse that had been eating hens teeth and unicorns blood i herd :blush:. Would be nice to try and find some at least

jonnygoodhand
Whilst on the subject of wheels i would love to track down a set of Speedlines like these as they look awesome on this car:

This one? I think its Sandy's old one:

before.jpg

Or how about some 13" versions of the SL434s for 500 Euros? http://www.leboncoin.fr/vi/97301027.htm?ca=9_s

Edited by jonnygoodhand

BusEngineer

Love the back lights, i must admit i cringed when you said in your previous post you were swapping to Phase1 as i run Phase 2, but you're right they really do suit a white car

Top Marks :mellow:

Craig89

Thanks mate, on the darker colours and gtis etc i would agree in saying Ph2 look better suited, but on mine i do think the Ph1 look much better.

I have been quite busy this afternoon adjusting the front end the car. I thought at first it was just the right hand side of the bumper that needed to be lifted up but when i got into it i ended up adjusting the bumper, both lights the grille and the right hand side of the bonnet. The left hand side of the bonnet could still do with a fettle but im very happy with how its turned out. Couple of before and after pictures:

Before:

dsc01047d.jpg

After:

dsc01048c.jpg

cybernck

Rallyes indeed look better with Ph1 lamps, so that was a good move :P.

sr.motorsport

Looking good mate!

apinski

Looks really good!

rallyejames

hi just wondering how much did the inlet manifold set you back i am after one thats all and sandy's looks a good one!

rallyejames

bet your sad to see this go!

BDA-it

I know its an old thread!!

Is this car still about???

Edited by BDA-it

jonnygoodhand

After I sold it to Craig, I believe he then sold it to a guy in Wales who, at the time, wasn't a member on here. Would love to know where it is now too!

Wallby

Spotted this car in cardiff city centre today!

Still looks the same with the speedline wheels, but the rear interior has been stripped out. Is the owner on here yet?

MKrisz92

Now I've decided to run with the C5 Steelies for a while, I thought I'd return to using the original Rallye/base model wheel centre caps. Unfotunately, they no longer fit and it seemed the only real option was to go for the 'boater hat' style Citroen ones. However, I wasn't that happy about the citroen badge in the middle of the cap.

centre-caps.jpg

I therefore bought a set of Peugeot centre badges, ground away the citroen logo and replaced them with the pug ones!

Lovely caps, where can I find those? What is the name for such a cap, which also covers the area around the wheel bolts? Were these standard for a citroen model?

Goodhand

Would love to know it's whereabouts now. Has anyone seen this around in recent years? I see its MOT expired last July