• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Coonper

Who Will Fit My Loom?

Coonper

Anyone know where i could get it done?

Basically i have an mi16, but they have used the mi16 whn doing the conversion, therefore the wiring is an absoloute mess to say the least!

I have already found an 8v loom/distributor/leads, but i need it all fitting!!! :wacko:

Anyone fancy doing it for me? By the way, the car is not mobile, and i am in coventry, although i will pick you up and drop you off! :blush:

steve@cornwall
Anyone know where i could get it done?

Basically i have an mi16, but they have used the mi16 whn doing the conversion, therefore the wiring is an absoloute mess to say the least!

I have already found an 8v loom/distributor/leads, but i need it all fitting!!! :wacko:

Anyone fancy doing it for me? By the way, the car is not mobile, and i am in coventry, although i will pick you up and drop you off! :blush:

I'm too far away, obviously, but have a go yourself, 90% of the wires will only go to one place, anyway and a quick post with a pic. here will soon set you right if you do run into problems. But I think I'd rather get the MI loom sorted properly

Coonper
I'm too far away, obviously, but have a go yourself, 90% of the wires will only go to one place, anyway and a quick post with a pic. here will soon set you right if you do run into problems. But I think I'd rather get the MI loom sorted properly

Cheers mate. I am tempted to give it a go myself, but i can see it now... I'll hack away at the loom, then that will be the end of the car! :wacko:

Also, i need to use the 8v loom/dizzy so i can adjust the timing manually, cus im on carbs you see...

Daz_C
Also, i need to use the 8v loom/dizzy so i can adjust the timing manually, cus im on carbs you see...

You don't need the whole loom then ! You only need the Ign Amp/Coil Bit ! Other than your started and sensors which I'd presume you already have on the car ?

Theres a diagram on the Main Site Here for wiring the dizzy coil and amp which is easy to follow.

Coonper

The thing is though, now that my mi16 is running on carbs, all the wiring is in a mess! And i mean A MESS!!

All the multiplugs are missing and have just been replaced with spades, there are dead end wires all over the shop, and it just looks awfull!

So my understanding is that by fitting the 8v loom i can do away with most of the dead end wires/sensors/split cables i have, and also in the process i can put the 8v dizzy and coil on it for the carbs.

Stu

You want to take the carbs off and sell them me.. Ill convert it to Motronic for you then... :blush::wacko:

Daz_C

My opinion then if its really that bad is rip the loom out, go to the scrappy or someone who's breaking a 205 and take the loom out of that car. If its got all the plugs on its all pretty much self explanitory(sp?) and you can label things as you take it out aswell.

I reckon it would take at most a morning to remove a loom.

James_R

Have you got the adaptor block for the dizzy sorted?

Coonper
Have you got the adaptor block for the dizzy sorted?

No i havent mate...

Do you have one?

pug_ham

AFAIK the Mi will run fine on the Mi motronic loom with carbs so why do you need to change anything?

gerlewislewis & taffycrook did this a few years ago on ger's old Mi.

All the unused injector plugs etc just need bagging up & tieing out of the way.

Graham.

jackherer

I thought the ignition timing was severely retarded without an airflow meter signal?

Coonper

Well ive been told that the the timing cannot be adjusted enough to cater for the carbs, therefore i need the 8v dizzy.

But ifi dont then thtat a definite brucey bonus!! :P

pug_ham
I thought the ignition timing was severely retarded without an airflow meter signal?

From what I can remember it all worked fine using the Mi loom for management on carbs but the topic isn't online anymore so I can't check it to make sure.

I'll send Andy (taffycrook) & Ger a pm tomorrow somtime to see if they can clear up if the Mi loom works fine when using carbs.

Graham.

Coonper
From what I can remember it all worked fine using the Mi loom for management on carbs but the topic isn't online anymore so I can't check it to make sure.

I'll send Andy (taffycrook) & Ger a pm tomorrow somtime to see if they can clear up if the Mi loom works fine when using carbs.

Graham.

Cheers mate! That'd be great!

Still need someone to sort out my electrics though! The lights/indicators dont work... :)

gerlewislewis

yeah Graham is right. Any questions give me a shout, and I will give andy a holler!

Coonper

Sweet! So the mi16 ecu will adjust the timing accordingly?

Also, is there any wiring diagrams for mi16's on here anywhere??

pug_ham

Thanks Ger, I seemed to remember it all worked just fine.

Also, is there any wiring diagrams for mi16's on here anywhere??

Try a search, Mi16 wiring diagrams have been posted quite a lot by various different people over time.

Graham.

Coonper
Thanks Ger, I seemed to remember it all worked just fine.

Try a search, Mi16 wiring diagrams have been posted quite a lot by various different people over time.

Graham.

Ive searched through loads of posts, but i simply cannot seem to find a wiring diagram.

I need one that is colour coded, and one with all the wires drawn up so i can highlight them off as i go...

Maybe a haynes?

M@tt

www.buzzboxx.co.uk/Haynes_405.pdf

Edited by M@tt

gerlewislewis

from what I remember, Andy seemed to do the loom in about half an hour. The one bit we got stuck on for AGEs though, getting it to start was we hadnt earthed something or other under the carbs which meant no spark was coming through.

Yeah, the mi16 ecu seems more than capable of adjusting the timing to suit.

Ger

Coonper

Thats the best news ive heard all day about the ecu on the mi16! :)

Boring day huh...

taffycrook

Ignition timing is altered by a few things on the motronic ECU, speed, load and temp.

On Gers we left the temp connected, so the only signal missing was load.

On the dizzy load is taken car of by vac adv and most people don't bother with that anyhow.

So no worries.

Just tidy up the injector, throttle switch, and ICV wiring and tie it up under the inlet manifold.

Make sure you keep the two earth wires connected to earth if it is a bx loom as these earth the ecu.

IIRC this made around 185bhp like this too many beers have passed since but Ger might remember.

Hope that helps.

pug_ham

Thanks for replying Andy & Ger, I was pretty sure you'd done an Mi on carbs using the Mi loom & ecu before with no problems. :)

Graham.

Coonper

Thanks for the input guys!! Nice to see it made 185bhp too!! :)

Gonna get mine rolling roaded when its all done so we'll see how it compares!

Im just gonna tidy up my current loom i think. Just need some lights really!

gerlewislewis

Good memory Graham! yeah 185bhp. Then I went back to AFM cos I was skint at the fuel bills were too high (78p per litre!).

Sign in to follow this