• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
alternative

Hi Speed Shocks

number2301

Miles reccomended the Group Ns with Eibach lowering springs for me so they must be for lowered cars.

RossD

Personally I'd say the 1038's are for lowered cars, because at standard ride height (330mm dummy shock length) the shock has no more "outward" movement, its at full extension.

Something I need to sort on my beam this weekend.

welshpug
Personally I'd say the 1038's are for lowered cars, because at standard ride height (330mm dummy shock length) the shock has no more "outward" movement, its at full extension.

Something I need to sort on my beam this weekend.

that is the case with standard dampers as well.

RossD

Ah, ok thats good then ;) Something less to worry about.

John_B

What's the difference between the Group Ns and the Sprintlines?

Jrod

See, I always thought challenge were for standard height and sprintlines for lowered cars... but now I have no idea.

GLPoomobile

So are Challenge Spec another name for Group Ns? As I keep seeing the two terms mentioned in the same context, but Miles did not clarify it in his reply - no mention of Challenge Spec, just Group N and Group A. And what about Tarmac Spec? :lol:

This is turning in to a really confusing topic :D

joey
So are Challenge Spec another name for Group Ns? As I keep seeing the two terms mentioned in the same context, but Miles did not clarify it in his reply - no mention of Challenge Spec, just Group N and Group A. And what about Tarmac Spec?

yes challenge spec are the same thing as GrpN. i think it would be so much easier if people would just call them 1 name.

as for GrpA and tarmac spec, I havent got a Scooby Doo :lol:

i would think the only difference is the damping rates. the GrpNs being harder.Also a bit more expensive

tom_m
yes challenge spec are the same thing as GrpN. i think it would be so much easier if people would just call them 1 name.

as for GrpA and tarmac spec, I havent got a Scooby Doo :lol:

i would think the only difference is the damping rates. the GrpNs being harder.Also a bit more expensive

grp a are the bilstein inserts in coil over bodies (grp n had to use OE spec springs damper bodies and top mounts), and tarmac spec is a specific damper rate.

its interesting to note that the 'challenge' spec inserts use the same damping rates as the tarmac spec inserts

Miles

As Tom's said this Group 'N' and 'A' is now long gone but allot of people do make money on selling std parts as Group 'N' which it basically is,

But as said the Group 'N' and challenge spec damper's are the same, The challenge people I guess just started using them and the name stuck.

The gravel and tarmac option's have gone as well now and only Tarmac are listed, Again there was different ones for the 309 but I won;t go down that route

Sign in to follow this