• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Dave_McC

Any Recommended Grit / Bead Blasters In Sussex

Dave_McC

I've been trying to clean up an Mi engine block which has previously been painted - but it looks really tatty as the paint is flaking badly in places. Tried the wire brush in a drill, but there's lots of places I just can't get the wire brush into. So it looks like the only real way of getting it cleaned up properly is to get it grit / sand bead blasted.

Can anyone recommend anywhere in sussex - the nearer to East Grinstead or Crawley the better. I tried one local place I know (and have used previously to powder coat a cam cover) but they want £60 to grit blast it, and I've got to mask it all up first - so this seems a bit steep to me.

Also has anyone got any recommendations on the best media to use - I've seen various types mentioned including one place in Littlehampton who use dry use - no grit residue left to clean out of all the oil ways.

Thanks

Dave

Sign in to follow this