• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
skinner2k3

Exhaust Mounting Rubbers

skinner2k3

Anyone have any good ideas for stopping the exhaust rubbers on the back box gradually working their way off the hangers?

Mine seem to do this quite badly. I was thinking of driling a small hole through the hanger and then fitting one of those R clip things to stop it slinding off.

Ben

Nathan

My exhaust used to get constantly knocked off driving up a really bumpy farm track to my workshop.

I put a couple of small jubilee clips on the end of the hangers and its not fallen off since :wacko:

skinner2k3

Sounds a bit easier, might do that. Cheers.

Rom

Jubilees !!

My how the other half live :D

I use cable ties, but ill resort to jubilees now i think :wacko:

Craigb

I have a small hole drilled through the hanger , a large washer and a split pin . never had any issues since doing this mod

Baz

Quite a common mod with competition cars, chain, jubilee's, split pins etc. Mine keeps falling off too recently, might have to sort it!

Jrod

Drill and R clip. Depends if you have to work on the car alot as a clip is alot easier to get off quickly than a jubilee.

skinner2k3

Cheers

Will try and sort that this weekend amongst other things.

Anton green

Here's mine. Nothing fancy, just a standard cable tie. I have had no problems after 500 miles and do not foresee any, but I really like the split pin and washer idea so should think I will be going down that route shortly, just because.

post-4526-1209558473_thumb.jpg

Sign in to follow this