• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mwilcock

Xu10j2te Questions

mwilcock
i can then wind the boost up to nearly 1 bar

so NEARLY 1 bar, straight throught stainless zorst 2 1/4" and a k and n 57i induction kit, bhp estimate?

sonofsam
i went back to the darkside. the difference between 0.4 and 0.8 bar is hooooooooooooge! *insert evil grin here*

Hehe , I know its mad isnt :P

so NEARLY 1 bar, straight throught stainless zorst 2 1/4" and a k and n 57i induction kit, bhp estimate?

2.5" is the way to go, well the chip Im fitting into my ECU to run 1bar safely was dyno mapped and quoted @ 186bhp.

I personally would get the engine running well in stock trim first, how very sensible I know ;)

inferno

Are we hitting over 170 on the stock exhuast manifolds now then? When i wires my temp gauge in im sure i earthed one pin out on the green plug and other was to guage... i know in the end i fitted an in line temp sender in the top hose...

I also used 2 1/4 pipe with no problems, but running 3inch d pipe, 38mm waste pipe, and 2 1/2 for the rest now.

tom_m

miles has got 200bhp and 240ft lbs out of a standard turbo and manifold. took a 1mm over bore and afermarket ecu tho.

mwilcock

just had a look at the blue plug and its only 1 pin ????

and does the icv pipe connect to a boost pipe or on the intake pipe?

and im having my downpipe made up, should i make it 3" then back down to 2 1/4" to fit rest of my zorst?

and how much is the chip you were on about? does this allow it to fuel correctly to, or does it still rely on the lambda?

Edited by mwilcock

inferno

If you have the original turbo downpipe, you could chop the flange off and weld it to similar size pipe i should think.

Tom that sounds sweet, what management are you running?

sonofsam

I put my ICV connected to the T/B and hot side off boost pipe:

DVC01381.jpg

2.5" pipe mates up nicely to a 205GTI cut-off flange,

wich fits perfect upto the Turbo flange by the way,

The OE xantia/406 downpipe is 2.5" also I think:

DVC01550.jpg

Phot-0027-1.jpg

I paid about £150 for my chip ( doubt they are available anymore though!) and yes it fuels correctly for 1bar running, expect the ECU

to still use lambda though, a remap will cost about £400 so has been said on here a few times.

mwilcock

i dont know how to do the quote thing but

what do you mean by hot side?

sonofsam
i dont know how to do the quote thing but

what do you mean by hot side?

sorry mate, hot side is refered to as before the interccoler, cold side being after the intercooler :D

tom_m
If you have the original turbo downpipe, you could chop the flange off and weld it to similar size pipe i should think.

Tom that sounds sweet, what management are you running?

miles used omex on his customers build. i'm using emerald on mine.

mwilcock

problem im still having though is

the blue plug,(water temp) this is 1 pin

on my dturbo it is a 2pin plug.....

and something else, on the side of the engine just above the gear box there is some sort of blanking plate, mine was a tad loose and was spewing water out, ive tightened this up now and its stoppped, but whats it for?

its a bit smokey too :wacko:

Edited by mwilcock

mwilcock

anyone help?

Mikey G

The only single pin blue plug i know of is the oil temp sender.

Dont know what the blanking plate is for, but if its leaking just pull it off properly and re seal it.

Smoke, could be many things like turbo seals, valve stem seals, piston rings. Likely to be turbo BUT... have you fitted the purge valve that is connected to the throttle body? if disconnected it can cause slight fueling issues on idle and i have seen it cause a whitey blue smoke during idle.

All Praise The GTI

sorry for the hijack but ive nearly got mine runing,just finnishing of a few small bits.

this will sound silly but where does the brake servo pipe go?

and also how have people modified there gear linkages as mine hit the exhaust manifold(bottom mount was extended 20mm) i took L bracket of and hit it with a hammer! to bend the arm down so it clears exhaust but then it hits the other gear rod so ive bent that too. now looks like a bananna! kinda works ok but im not happy with it.think it will probably just pop off straight away.

thanks

Mikey G
sorry for the hijack but ive nearly got mine runing,just finnishing of a few small bits.

this will sound silly but where does the brake servo pipe go?

and also how have people modified there gear linkages as mine hit the exhaust manifold(bottom mount was extended 20mm) i took L bracket of and hit it with a hammer! to bend the arm down so it clears exhaust but then it hits the other gear rod so ive bent that too. now looks like a bananna! kinda works ok but im not happy with it.think it will probably just pop off straight away.

thanks

Brake servo pipe goes onto a blank on the right hand side of the inlet manifold (on the flywheel end inlet tract), we fitted a one way valve to stop boost getting to the servo but apparently some servo's have the one way valve built into the white fitting that goes into it.

We bent the gear crank arm down aswell and did the same with the linkage rod, likewise it works well and has done nearly 12 months of use with no problems.

All Praise The GTI

ah thanks that is where i thought the servo pipe went,just wanted to check. ill just have to see how the rods are once its running and the boost kicks in!

mwilcock

all priase the gti

i tried pulling the ecu off for you whilst running, but it didnt work, i.e it didnt "unlock it"

its easier to run a sw from the ignition. thats what im doing anyhow as i cant find a 12v feed that stays 12v when the engine is cranking :)

tom_m

its not the ecu you unplug, its the keypad

sonofsam
all priase the gti

i tried pulling the ecu off for you whilst running, but it didnt work, i.e it didnt "unlock it"

its easier to run a sw from the ignition. thats what im doing anyhow as i cant find a 12v feed that stays 12v when the engine is cranking :)

Anything off wire #2 in the fusebox stays live when cranking, which in turn feeds the coil and ignition amp (wire #2a and #2b IIRC).

mwilcock

mines a 306 :D

Sign in to follow this