• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dan1120

Facet Fuel Pump

dan1120

Got r1 carbs on my car took it to the rolling road today,and at the top end was running out of fuel,ive got my facet fuel pump bolted to the inner wing,but the bloke said i should put it in the back near the fuel tank as the facet pushes fuel better than drawing it??is this right if so can i use the ign fed live from the excisting fuel pump??and do i have to run a new fuel pipe in from pump to my filter king or can i use the old fuel pipe some how?? :P

Daz_C
Got r1 carbs on my car took it to the rolling road today,and at the top end was running out of fuel,ive got my facet fuel pump bolted to the inner wing,but the bloke said i should put it in the back near the fuel tank as the facet pushes fuel better than drawing it??is this right if so can i use the ign fed live from the excisting fuel pump??and do i have to run a new fuel pipe in from pump to my filter king or can i use the old fuel pipe some how?? :P

It shouldn't be running out of fuel ! My 16v is running over 200bhp and using a facet red top with no issues of running out of fuel. And thats mounted on the inner wing. Maybe you have a restriction somewhere ? Did you know the Facet Red top has a fuel filter built into the end so you don't necessarily need a filter king imo. Check the pump is getting the right voltage (s*itty connectors etc) as they are very sensitive to a voltage drop I have found.

swordfish210

Hi, funnly enough i had my bike carb'd XT on the rollers the other day and it was running out of fuel at high rpm. The problem was that i didnt have the carbs angled down enough and it was draining the fuel out of the floats just enough for the main jet to stop picking up the fuel. How much mave you got your carbs angled at?

mfield
Did you know the Facet Red top has a fuel filter built into the end so you don't necessarily need a filter king imo.

You'll still need the pressure regulator that comes on top of the filter though :(

Daz_C
You'll still need the pressure regulator that comes on top of the filter though :)

In my experience a regulator isn't necessary if the carbs are in good condition as the float needle stops any fuel when the carbs are full. This is only my experience on the Webber carbs I've had running my 8v and 16v for near on 7 years with no issues in that area. :(

dan1120
In my experience a regulator isn't necessary if the carbs are in good condition as the float needle stops any fuel when the carbs are full. This is only my experience on the Webber carbs I've had running my 8v and 16v for near on 7 years with no issues in that area. :(

thnaks for the replys,ill still had the pump pulling through my old injection fuel filter and the old fuel pump didnt have time to take these off,so maybe that was restricting it??as only had it running at low rpm and was ok but as soon as he did a power run is was running out!!!!!!

dan1120
Hi, funnly enough i had my bike carb'd XT on the rollers the other day and it was running out of fuel at high rpm. The problem was that i didnt have the carbs angled down enough and it was draining the fuel out of the floats just enough for the main jet to stop picking up the fuel. How much mave you got your carbs angled at?

wasnt the carbs running out ive got the glass bowl type filter king and the fuel wasnt getting through that quick enough.

bensonmi

had that problem before on an old xr3i (shame) on twin 40's when the facet was up front, so moved it back closer to tank in the original position and it worked a treat. also never used a regulator with them.

DM88PUG

I have my facet redtop mounted on the inerwing and im on dello45s mine overfuels to about 5500rpm then its fine lol, filterking needed i recon then il see how it runs

GTI6BOY

Im running 200bhp and use standard fuel pump and i have never run out of fuel???

Sign in to follow this