• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gerlewislewis

Drivers Door Dropped

Paintguy
i put new pins in my drivers door last week . the hole in the hinge was pretty worn . i used a piece of an old SMA tin (baby food) as a shim and it worked a treat . absolutely no play in the hinges at all.

Whereabouts did you fit the shim?

I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but I shimmed mine out between the bottom hinge and the door (where the bolts go through), and it did the trick perfectly. Just wondered if you'd used a different approach ;)

Pugnut
Whereabouts did you fit the shim?

I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but I shimmed mine out between the bottom hinge and the door (where the bolts go through), and it did the trick perfectly. Just wondered if you'd used a different approach :)

i fitted the shim in the actaul hole in the hinge where the roll pin goes. i wrapped the piece of tin round the roll pin and trimmed to get the size so it was approximately the circumference of the hole. the round shim i left 5 mm longer and cut slots so the top could be bent over (made like a top hat shape) i then inserted the shim in the hole and slid the hinge into place .

the tabs bent over on top i reckoned would help stop the shim getting pushed through the hole when hammering in the pin and it seem to have worked.

not a hint of play in the door.

Paintguy

I get ya.

Cracking idea, I might have to try that myself :)

KRISKARRERA

My son went through what seemed like hundreds of sma tins, kinda wish I'd kept them back now, you all could have done a group-buy lol.

Pugnut

i guess there are many different ways to achieve the same end though. you could drill everything out slightly larger and find a larger roll pin . or drill out the hinge only a bit bigger and get a proper insert machined to tap in.

Paintguy

Yes, there's more than one way to skin a cat.

The way I did it, there is still play in the hinge, but I've sort of pre-loaded it, so the door doesn't drop when opened. It will lift up a fair way though :)

Spiky

with a pending kid

think might sell a new product

SMA Door pins :)

gerlewislewis

Just checked my striker, and it was all loose! I have a few torx star bits but none of them fit. Anyone know what size I need?

Any help appreciated.

On the plus side too, i fixed my loose blowing back box tonight, and sorted out my idle speed. Im getting there!

Thanks

Ger

Pugnut

you can use a set of grips to tighten the bolt

wildejon

I have the same problem as this on my 205, so I ordered some new bolts. Just went to swap them over and the heads are way bigger than the ones currently on the car, I think the guy at Peugeot might have messed up (he does this a LOT, useless guy). The ones I have do actually look like the ones in the pics posted, so I presume they fit a 405 nicely?! Damn.

Can anyone confirm that the design has remained exactly the same and that the heads of the replacement ones are the sae size as the old ones?

I don't want to take them out and have to re-use the old ones if they are wrong, pretty sure thats a bad plan!

Many thanks

welshpug

Are they 9044 31? should be correct for a P2 205.

wildejon

I honestly, don't know. Just checked the receipt and he hasn't added them to it...

I'll try a different branch of pug I think, one that I know where they know what they are doing...

Here's a link to a pic, looks wrong yeah: http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/25125013

Thanks for helping :)

welshpug

well it "looks" right! but without a part number or an original to compare its impossible to say, its quite possible for the head to be slightly different but as long as the rest of the pin is the same its all good.

wildejon

Yeah, thats wht I figured. Might just be a different head...

Just checked the length, least I can do that without removing it.

Weirdly, the new one is 10mm longer than the one at the bottom and only about 5mm longer than the one at the top... (strange but true)

Not sure what to do really, I'm reluctant to remove one and then not have anything to replace it with.

welshpug

got a picture of your door hinges?

wildejon

Sure thing!

Adding some to that same photobox link now.

Tried to get them from the top, middle and underneath of each hinge...

As you will see, they look a little dirty :)

yeti-dj

hello, i just replaced the torx door pins on my 205 and once i had removed them noticed that the pins go through what looks like brass bushings that are pressed into the hinge on the car. Anyone know if these bushings are replaceable and can you get them from peugeot?Mine are very oval and the new pins did nothing to help the door dropping so had to shim the pivots out a little. Would solve alot of dropping doors if you can replace these as well as the door pins..

wildejon

Just found the receipt for the door pins, it says 904434... I specificially said i needed the 31 but there you go, suppose I should have checked.

Thanks for the help

welshpug

DOH!

wildejon

Indeedy, really appreciate the help though mate. I'll get the right ones tomorrow. Cheers!

Guest gtiry

this threads helpfull thanks guys my drivers door has droped but the door is badly damaged from where someone has bent the door open in the past, so a new door is on the way thanks to ebay.

Para
here's the photographs as promised;

1) support the door with a trolley jack (intersperse the door and jack with a piece of wood or a thick cloth to prevent damage)

pict0253ay2.th.jpg

2) Douse the pins in your preferred lubricant

pict0256ab2.th.jpg

3) Using T40 Torx bit loosen the door pin

pict0251pw5.th.jpg

pict0257bi1.th.jpg

you'll probably need to lever the pin up out of the hole.

pict0258ai4.th.jpg

4) clean the area with a degreaser and apply a suitable lubricant to your new door pin

pict0254ju6.th.jpg

ignore the part number, these are 405 Items, 205+309 ones are slightly smaller.

pict0255la0.th.jpg

Tap the pin into the hole then tighten with said T40 Torx bit.

enjoy smooth shutting doors :)

That's a great manual, thanks a lot. I didn't expect that this will be so so so simple ! I am struggling with passanger door, i think I will have to replace door pins and probably striker bolt. My problem is that the door doesn't shut properly, i mean they always shut but there is bigger gap between door and b-pillar then in driver door. Is this is a problem with door pin and striker bolt or this is something else ??? thanks

Mike

Para

Can anyone give the part number for them please. I was looking in servicebox for ages and still nothign !

OR maybe parts numers on autofive website.

Edited by Para

Para

Ok i'm keeps talking to myself but i manage to find a picture on servicebox..

Can somebody confirm which numbers are for those door pins and striker bolt ??

post-11365-1222192005_thumb.jpg

pete1986

Looks to me like you need #5 on that pic, although #4 looks like another pin, maybe #4 is a roll pin and #5 a torx pin, im not 100%

EDIT - Infact, looking at the pic again, #4 seems to be for the top hinge and #5 for the bottom hinge

Edited by pete1986

Sign in to follow this