• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gerlewislewis

Drivers Door Dropped

SurGie

Hi everyone,

This topic is interesting, i have slightly dropping doors on both my 205's and thought the new pins would not be thick enough due to the hinge wear,

I thought i could put some metal filler stuff in so its tight but was not keen on that idea. Using the 405 door pins seems good enough to use.

Can i have the 405 part numbers for both sides of car top an bottom hinges? MY 205 is the 1.9 phase 2 GTI.

Edited by SurGie9

Para
Looks to me like you need #5 on that pic, although #4 looks like another pin, maybe #4 is a roll pin and #5 a torx pin, im not 100%

EDIT - Infact, looking at the pic again, #4 seems to be for the top hinge and #5 for the bottom hinge

So you reckon i need them both ?

Pugnut
So you reckon i need them both ?

#4 is for a phase 1 and 1.5 car . #5 is phase 2 . check your hinges . it will be easily apparent which ones you need as the both have distinctly different hinges.

roughly post 1990 cars should have #5 , but as per normal in the factory peugeot just fitted what was lying around at the time so check.

Para

Actually I checked my doors and hinges doesn't look like the ones on the pictures. That pin might still be the same. Pins on top and on the bottom looks the same in my car and the one's on the picture doesn't, they different top and bottom. Shall i change both of them ?

Edited by Para

welshpug

the picture simply shows the 2 different kinds of pin used not their positions on the car.

djinuk

anybody have a part number for the No 4 roll pin ?

Sign in to follow this