• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
holemi

P2 Mi16 Flat Spot !

holemi

After 6 months of ownership ive finally got round to looking into the flat spot problem with black beauty , my p2 mi16 ... it has a massive flat spot from about 4000 rpm all the way up until 5200 rpm , when it flies .... we tested the solonoid and the vacuum thingies , both working fine , so we tested the ECU , which came up with a fault on the knock sensor , so ive got one on order . hopefully that will do the trick ...If not does anyone know of any other common problems with these acav systems we could possibly look at ??

I wont have my Goodwood ready for this years sprint season , so i am thinking of having a go in my 405 mi16 p2 ( if we can fix the flat spot )...i will probably enter the Curborough championship ....It may not be as silly as it sounds ( its either that or nothing ) as the car is not much bigger or heavier than a 306 , and People have always praise the handling of the mi16 , so i will find out if it can walk the walk :blush:

Sign in to follow this