• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GTI6BOY

Pulling Under Acceleration?

welshpug

I think the gap is usually about 4mm, no gap is bad news, especially if the balljoint drops out with ease.

Spiky
I think the gap is usually about 4mm, no gap is bad news, especially if the balljoint drops out with ease.

if thats true, i'd not be driving that AT ALL, as a nice bump and the ball joint could fall out :blush:

GTI6BOY

no cause the bolt holds it in

Longfield

Have you resolved this issue yet? I'm curious to find out what it could be. Yesterday when I went out in mine it was as you've described yours. I was told that when it was aligned it was 2mm tow out to help it turn in which will make it more skitty in a straight line when accelerating... so if it's nothing else, have you checked this side of things when aligning your wheels?

GTI6BOY

Putting a new hub on today so will let you all know

V8Pete

Would these sort of solutions apply to a 205GTI that pulls left under brakes? Brakes come up dead even on the rollers, but it turns left on the road/track.

GTI6BOY

Problem sorted

Changed the hub for a new one and still no change?

looked at the tyres and they both looked the same...but we thought we would check the pressures anyway

the right side was 32psi

the left side was 10psi and has a screw in the tyre

problem solved, but to look at the tyres you would not notice anything...very strange?

GLPoomobile

That's odd! Whenever I've had a tyre as low as that (or even around the 15psi mark) it's been visably noticeable.

I remember when I picked up my first GTI from a guy in Torquay and drove home to the other side of Exeter. I hadn't checked the tyres and the front NS was down to about 10psi. It was f***ing heaving it down that day and everytime I hit a puddle of water it nearly pulled me clean off the road! That was a scary journey!

welshpug

its down the the stiff sidewalls of tyres nowadays :) glad it was a simple fix!

GLPoomobile

I must remember to stop buying tyres from the 1960s then :wacko::D

philfingers

I was just reading through this thread and was going to say, Tyre Pressures! A diff in the car will accenuate any errors in setup. be it tracking, tyre pressures, castor, camber. With my tran X fitted it used to change lanes on it's own when you powered on or off. All down to tyre pressures or as someone else said sometimes just swapping the tyres over left to right can sort it too. Something to do with the way the tyres are layered up

Always best to set 205s to parallel for most applications.

Sign in to follow this