• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GTI6BOY

Pulling Under Acceleration?

GTI6BOY

On my mates 205 we have just fitted new wishbones/droplinks/track rod ends/kaaz diff/bilstein b12 kit/top mounts and group n rubbers and its just been lazor allined

the car feels so unsafe, as you put your foot down it pulls to the left and when you let go of the pedal it straightens out again so while driving its like the car is all over the place.

With everything that has been done it should be like a new car

any ideas where to look ?

welshpug

lower balljoint-hub clamp, they go oval, also the bolts do tend strip if they're old and cause similar symptoms.

jackherer

What bushes are in the wishbones? If they are pattern wishbones and still have the original bushes get some genuine pug ones in there.

GTI6BOY

everything is a week old...it was all done at the same time bolts and all.

could an ovalved hub cause this? How can i test if this is the problem?

jackherer

pattern wishbone bushes can be dead within a week or less, it happens all the time.

Coonper

You sure its not just torque steering? :lol:

Has it got good tyres?

GTI6BOY

i have use the same make wishbones on my cti and dimma with no probs?

toyo 1r's on standard 1.9 wheels

defo not torque steer

Edited by GTI6BOY

welshpug

shouldn't torque steer that badly with a diff, but they can be a bit twitchy dependent on the surface I believe.

lift the front up and grab hold of the wheel and move it back/forth + in-out while someone watches there the balljoint goes into the hub.

ablister

try swaping tyres around and see if that helps

GTI6BOY

Dont think its the diff as i have one and my car never wanders

Tyres are new

Will try moving the wheel

cheers

Alastairh

Ovaled hub.

j_turnell

As jakherer said wishbone bushes fail all the time, even if they are new, i'd put my money on that, although as mentioned an ovaled hub could cause it, although in my experience i'd def say bushes if its really bad.

Edited by j_turnell

paul205mi16

Did u find a cure yet m8?

Hubs or bushes?

GTI6BOY

gonna try and check tonight

GTI6BOY

Right...i jacked car up on the passenger side, pulled the wheel in all directions and nothing?

welshpug

checked the other side?

nick

You might not feel any play in the bushes, but they could still be f***ed.

I put a new wishbone on because it was wandering (pattern part) and within a week it was pulling again, put new genuine bushes in and it's been fine for 18 months now. I couldn't detect any play in either of the wishbones.

Nick

GTI6BOY

I just checked the left as this is the way its pulling?

Alastairh

Doesn't matter.

As said. pattern wishbones are s*ite with a capital S. I've had 2 week old ones fail on me, but some last 7000 miles. Go figure?

Spend the £18 it is for genuine bush set (part number in search), and while the ball joint is out for swapping the bushes on the bone check the hub.

Al

kyepan

you might also want to check the following.

Subframe mounting bolts, the six at the back, and the two that go to the inner wings.

Steering rack mounting bolts that are horizontally mounted on the sub frame.

Tyre pressures.

Play in the steering rack.

Am suffering from the same issues as you after fitting new poly wishbone bushes, it was fine for 50 (yes 50) miles, then back to its wandering. I'm almost sure its the bushes because i've had it twice before on much longer in the tooth wishbones, solved fine both times. Going for pug oem next time. Only happens at motorway speeds though.

I also have a diff, and when its grabbing it feels different to the change in direction your describing. If you've also changed to 309 lower arms, and gone for a neutral toe setting it will very closely follow any camber changes or ruts in the road.. but i'm fairly sure your descibing the flat middle lane motorway cruising where if you lift throttle = left wander, apply throttle = right wander.

hope this helps.

J

Edited by kyepan

GTI6BOY

I think the best way to describe it would be "driving on lanes where lorrys have indented the road"

Simes
Am suffering from the same issues as you after fitting new poly wishbone bushes, it was fine for 50 (yes 50) miles, then back to its wandering. I'm almost sure its the bushes because i've had it twice before on much longer in the tooth wishbones, solved fine both times. Going for pug oem next time. Only happens at motorway speeds though.

J

When you tightened up the wishbone bolts was the car up in the air?

kyepan

we always put the trolly jack under the hub to get the wishbones in their normal position before tightening.

jackherer

That doesn't apply to polybushes in the same way as OE rubber bushes.

GTI6BOY

Right...just noticed where the pinch bolt goes through the ball joint, it was done up so there was no gap, and the ball joint came out quite easily? i thought there was ment to be about a 10mm gap in the hub?

Sign in to follow this