• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Issam

Highest Whp Xu9j"x" Turbo ?

Issam
(although of course you're still fitting them to a Peugeot-threaded piece of metal.....)

So Bally was telling me last night....turns out Peugeot Aluminum has not changed for the most part so this is something I would do on the Iron block.

But yes they are reusable and yes they can installed while the head is on the block (would be a big PITA).Ideally on a high output engine the standard bolts will lift the head,seen it happe before.

At least now I know where to get the studs from so thats going to be the start of the project.Next up is 8V intake and exhaust manifold flange so I can start building the manifolds.

Mandic
Ideally on a high output engine the standard bolts will lift the head,seen it happe before.

Yes, high output engines require lots of mods, but You have to ask Yourself what sort of number "high output" represents. Over here high outupt is more like 300HP.

90% of members have the cars for what is was originally ment, driving! And having fun on twisties. So in a 700kg car 500hp engine is not really needed.

That's why there wont be much intrest in such "high performace" stuff, as std. parts are perfectly adequate. But for those 10%, bring it on! Maybe it will come handy to someone.

BTW, just out of courious, how much are those ARPs anyway?

Cheers

Ziga

Issam
Yes, high output engines require lots of mods, but You have to ask Yourself what sort of number "high output" represents. Over here high outupt is more like 300HP.

90% of members have the cars for what is was originally ment, driving! And having fun on twisties. So in a 700kg car 500hp engine is not really needed.

That's why there wont be much intrest in such "high performace" stuff, as std. parts are perfectly adequate. But for those 10%, bring it on! Maybe it will come handy to someone.

BTW, just out of courious, how much are those ARPs anyway?

Cheers

Ziga

But the main question is this....are the 90% satisfied with 300hp?I would bet $10 not....ideally the smallest turbo that should be on these engines given the displacement is GT3071R.As for the ARP's..about 110US/set

Given the US dollar these days ,you brits must be :D

base-1

Are you serious? That's not a small turbo, and we don't really build small FWD hatchbacks for drag racing over here, we have roads to use them on properly :D

jackherer
But the main question is this....are the 90% satisfied with 300hp?I would bet $10 not....

Actually 99% of us are more than satisfied with ~150bhp give or take a little bit :D

Sam

Why would you ever want to build a high budget charged 8v over a 16v??

Mandic
deally the smallest turbo that should be on these engines given the displacement is GT3071R.

On twisties one would aim for maximum thorttle responce and something like GT28R is probably as high as one would go, take 405T16 for example, in standard form it has 220HP and I can assure You that on public roads and even on an open B roads it's more than enough. And bare in mind T16 is 4x4, has long gearing and like 1350kg.

In FWD car all You will see with such power is a close up view of a nearest tree, well maybe I exaggerated a bit, but one must also look on other participants and Your wallet might get a lot thinner if cops get You on radar. If You want 500hp just to give it a blast on straights then ok, but to some of us those parts serve different purpose (read my signature).

Dont get me wrong, just about every person on here loves powerful engines, but for road use I recon something like 200Hp/tonne is maximum. But for track oriented car... sky is the limit. And even then lots of people over here argue about those 15kgs (XU9 vs XU10 if You dont know what I'm on about). In UK, Lotus way of thinking prevails; lightweight, medium power, fun.

Still, there are Pugs and Pug owners who are in a search for more power, but You will have to go higher up the numbers, 2 is too small if You know what I mean :D

Cheers

Ziga

Edited by Mandic

McDude

I've read this post with interest and I have to admit - I just don't get it! Why in the name of Timo Salonen's underpants would you put so much effort into tuning a Pug engine to put into either a 205 or a 405?!?!? :D

None of it makes sense - as others have said, this is a lightweight car that has few redeeming features, except that it is fantastic fun on a B-road. I would have thought that a sure fire way to ruin that is to empty your wallet on 600+ nags.

None of us is racing up Pike's Peak and you've made a crap choice if you are going drag racing.

Maybe I've got the 205 market wrong, I'm only on my 2nd one. The market for a 600+ engine with a Peugeot stamp on it must be smaller than the chances of reliably acheiving it.

Surely this is high-class trolling?

Batfink
Are you serious? That's not a small turbo, and we don't really build small FWD hatchbacks for drag racing over here, we have roads to use them on properly <_<

we have tracks to use them properly on too :D Drag racing is fun but we have far better alternatives, and a good handling car to play in to get our kicks.

As much as I love my 205, if I wanted over 400bhp I think i'd get a different car with at least rear wheel drive. 5-600bhp doesnt sound like fun on a fwd car though it might help to get you sucked off at a macdonalds carpark cruise if you are into that sort of thing.

Now i'd like to see a big turbo XU in the back of something like a 405 or 309, something with a longer wheelbase so it can actually put the power down coming out of corners.

Though i'm interested in the stud set! :D

danpug
As much as I love my 205, if I wanted over 400bhp I think i'd get a different car with at least rear wheel drive. 5-600bhp doesnt sound like fun on a fwd car though it might help to get you sucked off at a macdonalds carpark cruise if you are into that sort of thing.

Suddenly macdonalds carpark sounds really appealing! :):blush:

Batfink

if you like spotty faced boys then go for it lmao!

danpug

Hmmmmmm........!

Issam
Why would you ever want to build a high budget charged 8v over a 16v??

8V's are more readily available.Mi16's are very rare over here and I am an 8V fanatic...made 307whp on my 8V back in the day.fun car

On twisties one would aim for maximum thorttle responce and something like GT28R is probably as high as one would go

I guess to each there own.A GT3071R makes a very fun loving car with power on tap for the track users.Have any of you guys driven a GT3071R equipped 205?Bally is running a turbocharger bigger than a GT2871R on his 205.

As for the head studs...still trying to get the correct lengths.Anyone got the flanges drawn up in SW?

Sam

I'd start by getting an XU10J4 or XU10J4RS imported....

Issam
I'd start by getting an XU10J4 or XU10J4RS imported....

I was thinking about it.

B1ack_Mi16

Still, it's much cooler pushing 600bhp from an alloy block compared to the iron.

The iron block would probably take 1000bhp without a problem anyway :blush:

About big power engines in our small shopping trolley cars.. Well, I must admit I have a 2.2 T16 engine project (long term one) going.

I'm not making this engine for any reason but just to try to pass 600bhp on pump fuel. As I think it's fun to see how much power I can get from an amateur build.

But now on hold due to short on cash and I need to buy some custom rods :)

petert

I have enough trouble getting 220hp to the ground and using it effectively.

DrSarty
I have enough trouble getting 220hp to the ground and using it effectively.

I thought that was my point right at the beginning of this (troll-ish) thread. Very admirable but ultimately pointless.

That's not meant offensively BlackMi, as even you said 'for no other reason', i.e. an engineering challenge. But the power figures we're talking about here are simply untractable in anything resembling a 205 or 405 which is to be driven on the road.

Batfink

Peter what tyres do you run? Are you talking about a road or track car?

Mandic
But the power figures we're talking about here are simply untractable in anything resembling a 205 or 405 which is to be driven on the road.

Don't put all 405s into same bin :P;)

bales
I thought that was my point right at the beginning of this (troll-ish) thread. Very admirable but ultimately pointless.

Without wanting to come across as argumentative and for the sake of playing devils advocate driving a car round a track as fast as possible i.e a big budget n/a track car build that is purely for fun and not for competition is "ultimately pointless" depending on how you look at it. Especially if you can have as much "fun" in a standard car.

Horses for courses really, perhaps some people enjoy the thrill of massive wheelspin and uncontrollable power as much as others enjoy throwing a car round a track?

So don't really see why this thread is remotely "troll-ish"

Edited by bales

DrSarty
Horses for courses really, perhaps some people enjoy the thrill of massive wheelspin and uncontrollable power as much as others enjoy throwing a car round a track?

Brilliant! ;)

And I wasn't the first to suggest some trolling was going on.

Batfink
Without wanting to come across as argumentative and for the sake of playing devils advocate driving a car round a track as fast as possible i.e a big budget n/a track car build that is purely for fun and not for competition is "ultimately pointless" depending on how you look at it. Especially if you can have as much "fun" in a standard car."

oh I agree. I had great fun on track without the need for a full on trackcar.

My mi16 became pointless as it was annoying as a daily car due to it being impractical so I decided to give it purpose by racing it, therefore justifying the amounts of money I wanted to spend.

Maybe that is what people are having an issue with. Why build the most powerful 8v xu turbo there is? Maybe all we have to do is understand ;)

bales
Why build the most powerful 8v xu turbo there is?

I think I understand ;) ...

So that....that person can say "I built the most powerful 8v xu turbo there is"!!?? :P

I guess to some people that is as important as the experience of driving the thing....

(I am not judging as to whether thats right or wrong by the way....)

Issam

;)

Its thinking like this that really causes these vehicles to hit a brick wall.220hp is nothing...

Sign in to follow this