• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chownr

Tv Interference?

chownr

Just been out working on the rally car and the guy across the road came over and laid into me saying every time I run my car his TV gets intereference. Now to my knowledge none of my other neighbours have problems and having done a quick internet search there is a possibility that my car is to blame but seems more likely that th eproblem lies with his TV installation - most likely a lack of shielding on his aerial cable.

I dont want to piss the guy off (yet!!) is there anything I can check on the 205 that might be to blame? Im suspecting that it might be coil or Ign Amp related if at all?

PS Its an Mi engined 205 running distributorless Motronic ignition.

Planning on going coilpack and bodies in near future so possibly all problems will disappear

Any suggestions welcome

Rich

dave_gti

hmmmmm thats a weird one, does it affect your reception?

All Praise The GTI

tell him: to mind his own F-IN bussiness the crazy fool!

its when the mopeds with their hairdryer engines that mess up tv signals

chownr

well having done some research an dtalked to a few neighbours (no one else seems to have a problem incl my TV) it seems just an isolated problem. Most plausible explanation is a weak Transmittor signal (which I know we have in our area) or a dodgy aerial installation. His aerial points pretty much towards my car so might explain matters. Think Ill try moving the car see if it makes any difference. Failing that the HT leads and coil will be changed as amatter of course soon so we will see if this makes any difference.

Rich

Sign in to follow this